+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squad Individual Valuations

Squad Individual Valuations

The 287th edition of the CIES Football Observatory's Weekly Post ranks clubs from the five major European leagues according to the value on the transfer market of players under contract.

The analysis takes into account the 20 players per club with the highest values as per the algorithm exclusively developed by the CIES Football Observatory research team.

The Clarets' valuations are: Nick Pope €10-15m; Matt Lowton €2-4m; Charlie Taylor €4-7m; Jack Cork €7-10m; James Tarkowski €15-20m; Ben Mee €4-7m; Johann Berg Gudmundsson €4-7m, Josh Brownhill €7-10m; Chris Wood €15-20m; Ashley Barnes €10-15m; Dwight McNeil €50-70m; Robbie Brady €1-2m; Jeff Hendrick €4-7m; Ben Gibson €1-2m; Bailey Peacock-Farrell €10-15m; Ashley Westwood €2-4m; Jay Rodriguez €10-15m; Erik Pieters €2-4m; Matej Vydra €2-4m; Kevin Long €1-2m.

Dream on!

I scrolled down without looking at those valuations and put mine up just out of curiosity. Here they are, this is what I'd want offered before I even thought of selling.

Pope £35m
    Lowton £10m
    Tarkowski £50m
    Mee £15m
    Taylor £25m
    Hendrick £15m
    Cork £10m
    Westwood £10m
    McNeill £50m
    Barnes £15m
    Wood £20m
    Jay £15m
    Vydra £12m

Just had a look back up at the OP, not far off with Cork, Wood, Barnes, McNeill and Jay, but they're way under on most of the others imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I scrolled down without looking at those valuations and put mine up just out of curiosity. Here they are, this is what I'd want offered before I even thought of selling.

Pope £35m
    Lowton £10m
    Tarkowski £50m
    Mee £15m
    Taylor £25m
    Hendrick £15m
    Cork £10m
    Westwood £10m
    McNeill £50m
    Barnes £15m
    Wood £20m
    Jay £15m
    Vydra £12m

Just had a look back up at the OP, not far off with Cork, Wood, Barnes, McNeill and Jay, but they're way under on most of the others imo.
    I'd shove a bit more on Ben but otherwise there is not much scope for an argument there!

charge 50p at the turnstiles - make all soccer games free to watch on tv (no silly PL money) - take away the gambling ads etc etc - and what'd be their value then...CM ?

Quick calculation Norder...

19 home games, 20,000 attendance, season revenue £190,000.

Say 25 players and 10 staff, average wage £5400 per year. Just over £100 per week.

But we couldn't afford any lecky, insurance, travel, rates, hotels etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I'd shove a bit more on Ben but otherwise there is not much scope for an argument there!
    Fair point 59, I did think about that one, he's a bit of an enigma is Ben, he just makes too many mistakes for me, and when he does they usually lead to a goal. Most of the time he's rock solid, but you can't trust him implicitly and he's past his 30th birthday as well.

Quick calculation Norder...

19 home games, 20,000 attendance, season revenue £190,000.

Say 25 players and 10 staff, average wage £5400 per year. Just over £100 per week.

But we couldn't afford any lecky, insurance, travel, rates, hotels etc.
    lovely jubbly - 59....Ok , I dont like doing it , but am now going to push it to 5 quid at the gate - I think that should about cover it ....the B&B's even !

have a Pipe - a very nice Pipe full - you deserve it.

Name:  Introducing smoking to the sherpas.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  43.8 KB

Above is a photograph of me (on the right) doing missionary work around Everest and introducing the Sherpas to the art of pipe smoking.

Name:  Introducing smoking to the sherpas.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  43.8 KB

Above is a photograph of me (on the right) doing missionary work around Everest and introducing the Sherpas to the art of pipe smoking.
    You little liar Tommy! That's you on the left, I've actually seen you cockle picking in Morecambe Bay wearing a yellow Lib Dem tee shirt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)