+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team news

Team news

Mugabi, Polworth, Watt and MacIver in for Gallagher, O'Hara, Hylton and Long.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear!
    My thoughts exactly. That team will be lucky to get nil tonight and you wouldn't give them much hope of winning a penalty shootout either given the potential takers.

It may be one hour to kick off in our fifth round replay at home but I think we can quite safely say right now that our Scottish Cup hopes will be over for another year by the end of play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. That team will be lucky to get nil tonight and you wouldn't give them much hope of winning a penalty shootout either given the potential takers.

It may be one hour to kick off in our fifth round replay at home but I think we can quite safely say right now that our Scottish Cup hopes will be over for another year by the end of play tonight.
    I'd made my peace with our lack of threat, there was no alternative. Though I think starting Aarons and Watt, two players who will hardly last a half never mind much more is daft.

The bigger concern is Gallagher going as you could have imagined us keeping a clean sheet and fluking one...not now.

Penalties I'd be fine with Mugabi, Hartley, Carroll, Donnelly and Polworth, and MacIver has taken some for the youths/reserves. Campbell and Grimshaw should be kept miles from them.

There's not a prayer we're winning a penalty shootout, we are historically awful at them.

However with zero creative threat and a central defensive pairing of Hartley and Mugabi then it's less likely that we'll get that far.

No doubt we'll win against them in the league next Tuesday, in true Motherwell fashion, we win the lesser of the double header.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    There's not a prayer we're winning a penalty shootout, we are historically awful at them.

However with zero creative threat and a central defensive pairing of Hartley and Mugabi then it's less likely that we'll get that far.

No doubt we'll win against them in the league next Tuesday, in true Motherwell fashion, we win the lesser of the double header.
    Any time I've seen us win the cup we've won a penalty shoot-out en route! Our recent run is indeed awful, I can't mind us winning one since Raith. You'd think Gilliespie with his penalty record would help though.

Gillespie did his bit - pity about our penalty 'takers'. Who on Earth within our football team thought it a good idea to give Hylton any sort of responsibility as the last kicker on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Who on Earth within our football team thought it a good idea to give Hylton any sort of responsibility as the last kicker on the list?
    Can only suggest himself

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Gillespie did his bit - pity about our penalty 'takers'. Who on Earth within our football team thought it a good idea to give Hylton any sort of responsibility as the last kicker on the list?
    He's a guy who had miss written all over him given his form/confidence but the alternatives were Gillespie, Tait, O'Hara, Campbell and Manzinga so if he volunteered while the others didn't it's hardly the biggest mistake of last night.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)