+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And it's goodnight from me

And it's goodnight from me

I've said this before but I'm absolutely done with it all now. I will not be back at Fir Park to support Motherwell this season and for the foreseeable future.

I am totally sick of the club and the small time, losers mentality we have. You support the club in hope that one day we can repeat '91 and loft silverware again, but it's just not going to happen and last night was the last straw for me. I'm sick fed up with the same old script of things being dismal, then getting your hopes up only to be rewarded with crushing disappointment.

The domestic Cups are our only chance of silverware yet we blow it just about every single year and I have had enough of watching us whimpering out in early rounds to sides we are capable of beating. I am not interested in where we finish in the league as we are never going to win that and I am even less interested in qualifying for the prelim rounds of the Europa League. That to me is no achievement and we can never and will never make a scratch in that competition.

So that's it, I'm done with Motherwell, certainly for this season and the only thing that may rekindle any enthusiasm I have for the club is if we reach the latter stages of one of the cup competitions again. Other than that I am no longer interested.

Makes perfect sense. I hope you enjoy your new found free time.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I've said this before but I'm absolutely done with it all now. I will not be back at Fir Park to support Motherwell this season and for the foreseeable future.

I am totally sick of the club and the small time, losers mentality we have. You support the club in hope that one day we can repeat '91 and loft silverware again, but it's just not going to happen and last night was the last straw for me. I'm sick fed up with the same old script of things being dismal, then getting your hopes up only to be rewarded with crushing disappointment.

The domestic Cups are our only chance of silverware yet we blow it just about every single year and I have had enough of watching us whimpering out in early rounds to sides we are capable of beating. I am not interested in where we finish in the league as we are never going to win that and I am even less interested in qualifying for the prelim rounds of the Europa League. That to me is no achievement and we can never and will never make a scratch in that competition.

So that's it, I'm done with Motherwell, certainly for this season and the only thing that may rekindle any enthusiasm I have for the club is if we reach the latter stages of one of the cup competitions again. Other than that I am no longer interested.
    Best contact the Samaritans before something important puts you on a downer.

I’m sorry to hear it has come to this LSM as you are, clearly, someone who cares about the club and we need all the true fans we can get. I was there last night and I share your frustration, but I’d rather be a Motherwell fan and live for the positive moments even if it means enduring a significant number of disappointments than simply support a team because they win most of the time. Being a Celtic fan or a Rangers fan - life must be mundane winning week in, week out (well, Mainly if you are a Celtic fan). Where’s the sense of anticipation, where’s the edge of excitement, where’s the thrill of an unexpected triumph? You have to go with what you feel, but I hope you don’t turn away completely - we are a good football club but we need passionate fans to stick with the team even after games like last night.

Mmm ... I'm guessing you've unexpectedly been given a Sevco season ticket from a friend who's moved away for work reas then

Any chance you'll put your 'Well season ticket in a biscuit tin, and bury that down by the boulder next to the fence behind yon big tree (that looks sooo out of place), next to Uppercrust? Probably shouldn't have posted this whilst watching the end of Shawshank Redemption!

Disappointed lost a paying fan (?) but can you clarify … will being "I’m absolutely done with it now", include posting this forum
    or simply you passing thru turnstyle to support team until better times ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)