+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players who were good in more than one position

Players who were good in more than one position

So Pat's Joelinton team got me thinking: Who have we had who you were confident in whichever position they were played in?

Steve Watson was the first who came to mind. He maybe didn't fulfil his potential but he was equally good at full back or in midfield.

Beardsley is a player who could influence a game whether he was being played up front or as a creative midfielder (Bruce would play him as a wing-back ).

Incidentally, although he was never played there, I reckon Shearer would have made a very good CB too.

Anyhoo, over to you...

Schar seems like that type of player to me maybe Hayden too. Also Gutierrez springs to mind.

I was just about to say Gutierrez.

Vernon anita

A lot of players get typecast into a certain position because of speed, height etc. Every game I played during my time I was centre half purely because of my height but I always thought I should have been on the wing. A professional player should be able to play decently in any position he is asked to play.

Irving Natrass, think he played every position for us including filling in as keeper. Definitely one of the best right backs we ever had

If we can list players that didn't play for us then Gullit has to be mentioned..

Barry Venison

James Milner

Aaron hughes???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)