+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Brits - Dave!

Wow guys, I go away for a while and all hell breaks loose on here lol.
    (uncle Mick, what have you done/said this time eh, ).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wow guys, I go away for a while and all hell breaks loose on here lol.
    (uncle Mick, what have you done/said this time eh, ).
    I’ve said f hook all.

I’ve pointed out that I don’t think things are a level playing field.

I respect the opinion of BS......he’s argued very eloquently and I agree with many of his points.

I don’t even feel it’s an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Your missing my point BS whilst making some very worthy points yourself.

Why is is okay for a black man like Dave to hurl abuse at Boris and the “white” establishment whereas if I did that on stage or elsewhere about a black person I would be dragged before the courts as a racist?

Let’s put to one sided that I am white British and I presume you are Asian English and just deal with that point.

I don’t think I’d get away with it is all I’m saying!?
    It wasn’t aimed at Boris but what Boris is and that is PM and the establishment is mainly white (although the govt has black and Asian ministers or members)
    Having said that Boris has said some pretty racist stuff pickanies, post boxes etc

If you stood up on stage and criticised one person that is different than talking about a collective or their policies

Do you remember the 60s 70s with Black Asian people being called this and that and envy other standup or sitcom was incredibly stereotypical or racist, would you prefer to see that?

Also didn’t get what you meant by -
    Let’s put to one sided that I am white British and I presume you are Asian English and just deal with that point.

Deal with what point?

I have never really called the race card, when I’ve had crap hurled at me I’ve either laughed or been even more determined
    Even at school when teachers would overlook my thoughts, achievements, points of view, inclusion with the wider group, I was taught by my parents and grand parents just to be more determined and work harder and I think others can relate to overcoming obstacles in life

But what is different is some of those obstacles were there just purely because I was of Indian origin and the prejudiced views these teachers had about that or me and my family or community.

And being the best behaved politest most positive student couldn’t help me change that

Now I’m older I realise these stupid ass teachers were very small minded people, who weren’t very open to other views and thinking about and attempting to put themselves in the shoes of others and what they may be going through

I’ve experienced this as school, college but from University onwards less so, but there are still situations when I know something is thought about me on first meeting without me even opening my mouth or explain who I actually am

And like most people I am a complicated mixed person who is made up of all facets of my upbringing, heritage, experiences (good and bad) and mood that day

We have so much in common that most believe, if ex pats in Spain start getting this rhetoric from the Spanish you will soon be backing the ex pats and their right to be equal

You might even do a rap album - next years Brits winner Mick

Hey Im joking Mick mate (soz if it looked like I was stirring it!).

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    It wasn’t aimed at Boris but what Boris is and that is PM and the establishment is mainly white (although the govt has black and Asian ministers or members)
    Having said that Boris has said some pretty racist stuff pickanies, post boxes etc

If you stood up on stage and criticised one person that is different than talking about a collective or their policies

Do you remember the 60s 70s with Black Asian people being called this and that and envy other standup or sitcom was incredibly stereotypical or racist, would you prefer to see that?

Also didn’t get what you meant by -

Deal with what point?

I have never really called the race card, when I’ve had crap hurled at me I’ve either laughed or been even more determined
    Even at school when teachers would overlook my thoughts, achievements, points of view, inclusion with the wider group, I was taught by my parents and grand parents just to be more determined and work harder and I think others can relate to overcoming obstacles in life

But what is different is some of those obstacles were there just purely because I was of Indian origin and the prejudiced views these teachers had about that or me and my family or community.

And being the best behaved politest most positive student couldn’t help me change that

Now I’m older I realise these stupid ass teachers were very small minded people, who weren’t very open to other views and thinking about and attempting to put themselves in the shoes of others and what they may be going through

I’ve experienced this as school, college but from University onwards less so, but there are still situations when I know something is thought about me on first meeting without me even opening my mouth or explain who I actually am

And like most people I am a complicated mixed person who is made up of all facets of my upbringing, heritage, experiences (good and bad) and mood that day

We have so much in common that most believe, if ex pats in Spain start getting this rhetoric from the Spanish you will soon be backing the ex pats and their right to be equal

You might even do a rap album - next years Brits winner Mick
    Again,all good points well made.

You don’t have to be of a different colour to be marginalised though BS.

As an fat kid with a Yorkshire accent being dumped in the roughest school in my area of the Midlands taught me when we moved here in 67.

You may feel this is going off topic but I’m merely pointing out how differently I was made to feel for a long time and the physical and emotional abuse I suffered at that time.

We are all “complicated” to some degree.

Not much point me jousting with you regarding Dave and what he describes as “music” as I believe we won’t change each other’s minds.

I’ve said f hook all.

I’ve pointed out that I don’t think things are a level playing field.

I respect the opinion of BS......he’s argued very eloquently and I agree with many of his points.

I don’t even feel it’s an argument.
    Definitely not an arguement
    I love a good discussion

Makes people think
    Not enough do a lot of it these days

Again,all good points well made.

You don’t have to be of a different colour to be marginalised though BS.

As an fat kid with a Yorkshire accent being dumped in the roughest school in my area of the Midlands taught me when we moved here in 67.

You may feel this is going off topic but I’m merely pointing out how differently I was made to feel for a long time and the physical and emotional abuse I suffered at that time.

We are all “complicated” to some degree.

Not much point me jousting with you regarding Dave and what he describes as “music” as I believe we won’t change each other’s minds.
    I agree that we can all be marginalised but for minorities somethings we can’t help

If I was Indian fat and ginger I could only be responsible for one of those things right ?

We will never get to a place where everyone is equal, it’s whether you want to assimilate or be different and take the pain that goes along with that in youth and the benefits later in life

PS I don’t like Dave and his music sorry if that surprises you ��
    Not a massive fan of Stormzy either

Problem for me BS (and I suspect a lot of us in the majority) is all these minorities who have for years wanted to be equal now want to treated differently. And I for one resent it.

For those used to being privileged, equality can feel like oppression. 😎

Your missing my point BS whilst making some very worthy points yourself.

Why is is okay for a black man like Dave to hurl abuse at Boris and the “white” establishment whereas if I did that on stage or elsewhere about a black person I would be dragged before the courts as a racist?

I don’t think I’d get away with it is all I’m saying!?

You make a good point Mick. In life don’t give it - if you can’t take it! Imagine the horrible Dele Ali getting racially abused which would be disgusting in itself and he and his Spurs chums would soon be crying out as they did recently !!! OK for Dele Ali to be racist though by mocking the Chinese through facial mock up and about the Coronavirus which is outrageous. Perhaps if Mr Ali is racially abused again he will think back to this incident!! Had a white person done this an apology would not have been sufficient! Think back to the previous owner of Wigan Dave Whelan who was hounded by the press for making reference to a chinky ( takeaway ) and here lies my point. Whelan was an old guy and this nearly destroyed him!
    Last edited by baggieal; 21-02-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)