+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ehm no goin, but next up ICT

Some of the decisions have been baffling; its almost as if he is trying to adopt what was once a Dutch method of trying to make sure that everyone could play all positions. This usually only works when coached from a young age or you have the god given talent like Big Davie Narey, whom I think played CH, RB and in midfield on occasions. Or two footed which helps.

I am not one for sacking managers at the first few defeats, however keep it simple, play your best players in the positions they are accustomed to and all should be fine. I dont think Liverpool mess around with their line up too much!

He is using some of these games to prep for next season.....he has to be!?! He is playing people out of position, he is trying to fit people in, he is changing how we set up. I think that he might be trialling some people we already have to see if they can fit with the system that we are going to play in the premier league. He definitely has one eye on next season. We can't play the all out attack game next year....as you can easily spot this season, if teams in this league were more clinical in front of goal, we would probably be sitting mid table!
    If we do go up this season....fans better be prepared for a stuffy, overcrowded midfield, as staying in the league will be our no1 aim.
    The premier league is totally different from this league!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    He is using some of these games to prep for next season.....he has to be!?! He is playing people out of position, he is trying to fit people in, he is changing how we set up. I think that he might be trialling some people we already have to see if they can fit with the system that we are going to play in the premier league. He definitely has one eye on next season. We can't play the all out attack game next year....as you can easily spot this season, if teams in this league were more clinical in front of goal, we would probably be sitting mid table!
    If we do go up this season....fans better be prepared for a stuffy, overcrowded midfield, as staying in the league will be our no1 aim.
    Agree with this, I think this is exactly what's happening. Fair enough in my opinion, the lead we have allows it and we have got to be ready for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Think we're all fully expecting this tbh mate, i've said it many a time on here, survival is the sole aim, anything else is a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Agree with this, I think this is exactly what's happening. Fair enough in my opinion, the lead we have allows it and we have got to be ready for next season.
    what if though, what if we lose on Friday, god forbid, and ICT win their 2 games in hand? Do we revert back to 4-2-5-1?

IMO it's kinda cheeky assuming we've won the league and experimenting with formations and players. If the leagues officially won then aye crack on, but it's not...

I dont see it as us experimenting. Losing Clark, McMullan and Appere means we have no choice but to try different things. With those two back in Friday (hopefully) I fully expect a more impressive performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I dont see it as us experimenting. Losing Clark, McMullan and Appere means we have no choice but to try different things. With those two back in Friday (hopefully) I fully expect a more impressive performance.
    But we've signed Bingham as a Clark/Sow replacement, granted McMullan was out and Appere seemingly wasnt right before the game so why not go for Pawlett on the right and Sporle on the left? Butcher and Harkes in Midfield with Shankland and Bingham up front? Round pegs in round holes?

If we were experimenting, wouldnt we have used more than 1 sub on Friday (f**k me was it cold specially when that rain started), bleed the youngsters as the Alloa game was crying out for something creative to be done

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    But we've signed Bingham as a Clark/Sow replacement, granted McMullan was out and Appere seemingly wasnt right before the game so why not go for Pawlett on the right and Sporle on the left? Butcher and Harkes in Midfield with Shankland and Bingham up front? Round pegs in round holes?
    Agreed, this would have been my team.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what if though, what if we lose on Friday, god forbid, and ICT win their 2 games in hand? Do we revert back to 4-2-5-1?

IMO it's kinda cheeky assuming we've won the league and experimenting with formations and players. If the leagues officially won then aye crack on, but it's not...
    I think using 12 outfield players is a masterstroke tbh 😂

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)