+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYS as a concert venue

NYS as a concert venue

Is there an official reason why the NYS doesn't host big music events? I vaguely remember reading something about a license being needed, understandably. I also remember a Chesterfield fan, while on his high horse, saying the NYS doesn't have the sufficient infrastructure to host big concerts, whereas the Proact (or whatever it was called at the time) does. This was when NYS first opened.
    The Keepmoat is hosting The Killers this year which got me thinking if there's an official reason why we don't have similar events in Rotherham?

I can’t remember which ground it was but I remember hearing about a club having a concert and sticking floor boards on pitch to protect the pitch. The only problem was when they lifted the boards up the grass had been damaged.

However there’s no reason we can’t hold some after seasons over and before grounds men start on new pitch

I think Bramall Lane was badly dsmaged by a Bruce Springs**** concert but that must have been almost 40 years ago.

The mystery t.een **** strikes again

We don't want to risk upsetting Keith Hill yet again do we?

Wasnt the Don Valley pitch badly damaged after a concert when we were over there.

Wonder if the cost of repairing the pitch outweighs the profit on an event.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The mystery t.een **** strikes again
    Why is v ital banned?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Why is v ital banned?
    Same reason why t.een is banned, unexplained (although v.ital may have been banned as it was/is the name of a rival site)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Same reason why t.een is banned, unexplained (although v.ital may have been banned as it was/is the name of a rival site)
    Yes I was thinking that about v ital.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Wasnt the Don Valley pitch badly damaged after a concert when we were over there.

Wonder if the cost of repairing the pitch outweighs the profit on an event.
    Think U2 were playing at the Don Valley. Problems with damage to the pitch, broken glass, etc. I went on the pitch before a reserves game once, to see what the surface was like . It was rutted, with bare patches, even out on the wings... and that was months after U2. Can't recall seeing much worse, even at amateur level. No wonder we use to boot the ball up in the air to Drewe Broughton!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-02-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast