+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peterborough United new stadium 'could be built by 2023'

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I remember them saying something similar about the MK stadium. That didn't turn out too well.
    Franchise stadium is out in the middle of nowhere though. Don't know where site for new Posh stadium is .
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-02-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    bit racist
    Why?

Peterborough average around 6k maybe if they build a bit enough away end to hold 5k they will get the footfall from the away fans to increases that average . But first they have to get into the championship ,otherwise in lg 1 you are gonna have a load of empty seats just like it is now .

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Franchise stadium is out in the middle of nowhere though. Don't know where site for new Posh stadium is .
    Not sure where you get that from Mike? I used to work right there and even before all the retail was built around it, that area might not be considered Central Milton Keynes (as it's actually Bletchley) but it was hardly a 'wilderness' and only a 10 minute walk from Bletchley Station. It's also only a few hundred yards from the HQ of one of England's most recognisable brands, Marshall Amps. If you think Barnsley is rife with inbreeding then you should read Jim Marshall's life story.

Fair play to them. One town club with more attractive clubs in London easy to get to and they are progressing.
    I’d rather see a club like Peterborough invest like this than Wednesday letting hillsbrough fall apart while charging fans £30 to watch them not score a league goal at home in 2020.

We don’t have a monopoly on league one clubs of our size trying to improve our facilities and push to the next level.

I’d rather they went up with us than Ipswich, Sunderland or Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure where you get that from Mike? I used to work right there and even before all the retail was built around it, that area might not be considered Central Milton Keynes (as it's actually Bletchley) but it was hardly a 'wilderness' and only a 10 minute walk from Bletchley Station. It's also only a few hundred yards from the HQ of one of England's most recognisable brands, Marshall Amps. If you think Barnsley is rife with inbreeding then you should read Jim Marshall's life story.
    Barnsley rife with inbreeding? Where did that come from Cam? It's not true that people from Barnsley use ancestry.com rather than tinder

I have walked from Bletchley station to Franchise stadium - it's a bit more than ten minutes! Got to be much further than from Peterboro' station to PUFC
    Seeing our 4-0 victory over Franchise, that more or less kept us up in the Championship, was worth the walk though

Additional - just looked it up : 28 mins walk from Bletchley rail station! (which sounds about right from my visits)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-02-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I have walked from Bletchley station to Franchise stadium - it's a bit more than ten minutes! Got to be further than from Peterboro' station to PUFC
    Seeing our 4-0 victory over Franchise, that more or less kept us up in the Championship, was worth the walk though
    About a mile as the crow flies so get thisen a pair of wings or walk along the railway tracks. I agree, looking at it on Google Maps I guess it's a good 30 mins at our advanced years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12