+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Hogg - new academy manager

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    He should go by the name of Hans Christian Anderson by the amount of tales he tells.
    I guess The Turk is back spreading his bull shyte around

Thank phuck I don’t have to read that drivel

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Is there a pboro dictionary I can order from amazon?

Erm...from what I could understand you didn't work with him at Boston...you just dropped some kids off there...
    no i coached kids
    i taught a diferent method to what was being taught by the fa badged coaches
    some take to it some coaches dont like it

by the way gazza wasnt there when he was

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I guess The Turk is back spreading his bull shyte around

Thank phuck I don’t have to read that drivel
    sorry my mackem lover but if you dont read it how do you even know what it is

wont be long before your putting up posts about me hey

stop denying the love

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    no i coached kids
    i taught a diferent method to what was being taught by the fa badged coaches
    some take to it some coaches dont like it

by the way gazza wasnt there when he was
    So, again...you didn't work with Chris Hogg...you said you coached some kids that eventually went to Boston...why do you feel the need to lie? Especially when you are so bad at it...

no i did coaching classes at boston i did take some of the kids i managed and coached who were to good for the local league and as i say went on to join professional clubs
    i coach and get invited to many clubs when i was coaching these included
    rushden and diamonds
    raunds
    kettering
    peterborough
    warboys
    netherton
    Boston
    norwich
    stamford
    spalding
    PSL
    Molins and many many others

i coached different to what kids usually get coached more of a fusbol way

i can never understand why kids here (this was then mid 80,s to early 2000,s )were all taught the way they were

i e turn up run round the field to warm up split into groups ,stand facing each other a few yards apart pass the ball run to the person you have jusr passed to and repeat
    and that type of thing
    kids get bored
    so i use a way i was taught in that every kid gets a ball

we create a large circlr from a rope the kids have the ball at their feet and have to move around the circle at a pace and have to have full controll of the ball
    they cant let the ball out of the circle they cant let their ball be touched by another ball if they do they come out of the circle and whislt waiting are passing left foot right foot in groups of three
    as the group gets smaller we bring the rope in

the kids are busy all the times and learn close controll my kids were doing tricks and pull backs and learnt how to protect the ball way ahead of anyone else

we would set up 4 goals in a square
    have 4 teams

each team had a goal
    we would name the teams 1-2-3-4
    we would start with team 1 protecting their goal and the other teams had to walk the ball into the net whilst team 1 defended if team 1 got the ball and kept it to themselves for 3 or more passes they had done their job we would then shout out another number and they would have to do the same
    this taught them how to stay together and when in possesion to use it instead of humping it up field

we set up towels and bins and buckets around the goal ,hanging towels or tops from the goal cross bar etc putting the bins buckets etc in the corner of the goals and make the lads knock the towels and tops of the cross bar or in the bin in a shooting practice ,no goalies ,moving balls being knocked in from the wings 4 strikers working 4 lads on the left crossing 4 on the right left foot right foot
    when they crossed they would come over to the opposite side
    all the time they were moving ,involved and working whilst enjoyingg it

did loads of other things that some are coaching now

we encouraged them when not trainingand playing during the week to go everywhere with a ball at their feet or at least in the garden work and dribble in small ares

we did things like head and volley against a wall in twos and having to cntroll the return on chest thigh etc and then set it up again the idea wasnt to catch your partner out but to see how long you could keep it going
    when we did this in the gym they did this in an area that had a box marked on the floor ,this made them get a touch and feel for the ball as well as moving their feet

we did this from 8-16 year olds

i also coached many mens sides thsi way as well

no i did coaching classes at boston i did take some of the kids i managed and coached who were to good for the local league and as i say went on to join professional clubs
    i coach and get invited to many clubs when i was coaching these included
    rushden and diamonds
    raunds
    kettering
    peterborough
    warboys
    netherton
    Boston
    norwich
    stamford
    spalding
    PSL
    Molins and many many others

i coached different to what kids usually get coached more of a fusbol way

i can never understand why kids here (this was then mid 80,s to early 2000,s )were all taught the way they were

i e turn up run round the field to warm up split into groups ,stand facing each other a few yards apart pass the ball run to the person you have jusr passed to and repeat
    and that type of thing
    kids get bored
    so i use a way i was taught in that every kid gets a ball

we create a large circlr from a rope the kids have the ball at their feet and have to move around the circle at a pace and have to have full controll of the ball
    they cant let the ball out of the circle they cant let their ball be touched by another ball if they do they come out of the circle and whislt waiting are passing left foot right foot in groups of three
    as the group gets smaller we bring the rope in

the kids are busy all the times and learn close controll my kids were doing tricks and pull backs and learnt how to protect the ball way ahead of anyone else

we would set up 4 goals in a square
    have 4 teams

each team had a goal
    we would name the teams 1-2-3-4
    we would start with team 1 protecting their goal and the other teams had to walk the ball into the net whilst team 1 defended if team 1 got the ball and kept it to themselves for 3 or more passes they had done their job we would then shout out another number and they would have to do the same
    this taught them how to stay together and when in possesion to use it instead of humping it up field

we set up towels and bins and buckets around the goal ,hanging towels or tops from the goal cross bar etc putting the bins buckets etc in the corner of the goals and make the lads knock the towels and tops of the cross bar or in the bin in a shooting practice ,no goalies ,moving balls being knocked in from the wings 4 strikers working 4 lads on the left crossing 4 on the right left foot right foot
    when they crossed they would come over to the opposite side
    all the time they were moving ,involved and working whilst enjoyingg it

did loads of other things that some are coaching now

we encouraged them when not trainingand playing during the week to go everywhere with a ball at their feet or at least in the garden work and dribble in small ares

we did things like head and volley against a wall in twos and having to cntroll the return on chest thigh etc and then set it up again the idea wasnt to catch your partner out but to see how long you could keep it going
    when we did this in the gym they did this in an area that had a box marked on the floor ,this made them get a touch and feel for the ball as well as moving their feet

we did this from 8-16 year olds

i also coached many mens sides thsi way as well
    I'm not going to try reading that....point is...you have no idea how good a coach he is...he is young and just starting. ..so far results are positive...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I'm not going to try reading that....point is...you have no idea how good a coach he is...he is young and just starting. ..so far results are positive...
    Where does he get the time for all these acheivements?

Is he some kind of Forrest Gump?

i dont think he had much to do with the 6-2 result but lets see
    as i say i think they got the wrong one from ipswich

maybe warren joyce but not this clown we got

we need to look at the germans and how they do their under23s etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Where does he get the time for all these acheivements?

Is he some kind of Forrest Gump?
    More Billy Bullshìt than Forrest Gump.

i dont think he had much to do with the 6-2 result but lets see
    as i say i think they got the wrong one from ipswich

maybe warren joyce but not this clown we got

we need to look at the germans and how they do their under23s etc
    And again, you are basing this on working with him. ..oh no, you made that up!😂

You have no idea how good he is, much less have any need to call him a clown. ..let's see how he foes, eh?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)