+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Hogg - new academy manager

Chris Hogg - new academy manager

Beardsley's replacement I guess?

He's only 34 and to be fair I think it's a good thing to get a young manager in with new ideas.

Beardsley is a legend, but he was a shyte manager (and a bully apparently).

Aye, never heard anything positive about his coaching abilities or style.

Anyone know anything about this fella? I hate the way fatso has turned me into a cynic about our club...but given that our first team manager is a dud of the highest order and chosen for non-footballing reasons (i.e. cheap, never-was yes man) then what criteria were used to appoint this fella? Can he double up as the coach driver, does he own an ice-making machine for the wheely bins?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, never heard anything positive about his coaching abilities or style.

Anyone know anything about this fella? I hate the way fatso has turned me into a cynic about our club...but given that our first team manager is a dud of the highest order and chosen for non-footballing reasons (i.e. cheap, never-was yes man) then what criteria were used to appoint this fella? Can he double up as the coach driver, does he own an ice-making machine for the wheely bins?
    No, I definitely feel the same way as you do when it comes to being a cynic. So when we have no way of knowing if this guy is any good, I will remain convinced he was the cheap option.

Highly rated so they say at Ipswich. But our club rate Bruce as a manager and Joelinton as a player so we can all guess where this will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Highly rated so they say at Ipswich. But our club rate Bruce as a manager and Joelinton as a player so we can all guess where this will go.
    True - at Ipswich they rate Paul Lambert highly...

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Which self respecting person would want to work for Ashley

As part of the cynic brigade

Maybe he has taken it because he knows it gives him a good chance of become a prem manager via the back door. I.E. when Bruce goes and he is the cheap option to replace.

However, being charitable, i'll judge on the results he gets and how many of his teams make it to our first team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Which self respecting person would want to work for Ashley
    Rafa

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Rafa
    Bruce

i worked with this clown at boston
    should have got nash from ipswich

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)