+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fill the Derry for the Arbroath game 29th Feb

Fill the Derry for the Arbroath game 29th Feb

There's been comments, off and on, about trying to improve the atmosphere at Dens and it seems like there's a wee bit more positivity coming from the players. Shaded suggested some time ago that filling the Derry based on direct action from the fans would give the whole issue of the atmosphere in the Derry a big boost. Imagine how the players would feel if the Derry was filled and bouncing and the ground had a big turnout.

The Arbroath game on 29th February seems to be a good time for a demonstration of a bit of fan love for the team. There have only ever been 3 Saturdays which fell on 29th February in the history of our club and 2020 will be the fourth. I am hoping that all ST holders might make an effort to actually attend this game, and that all of us who normally PATG get in early and buy our tickets for the Derry. There won't be a special PATG access for the Derry so buying from the club shop in the usual way will apply.

If you think it's a reasonable idea see if you can get some of your occasionally attending chums to come along with you. It should be a great game and one which may have a very big part to play in how our season progresses.

I am posting this on ************ forum, as well, that's Pravda for you Rross, in the hope that these two fans' forums will be able to use their social media presence to help the club. If you use other social media maybe you could help to spread the message?

sorry Rross had to use Pravda because as you can see the official name of the other forum is not permitted!

Seems fair that Pravdas official title is banned on here (didn't know it was) they do love a banning.

As for the Derry I hope it's a big success.

Once it was the very heartbeat of Dens Park if this defibulator type action can kick start it......all good.

A good few of us are in hospitality that day but you never know you might get a D E Double R shout from the Main stand.

Positive result Saturday will help.

On a similar topic b cram I was listening to Derek Mcinnes being interviewed after their game last night.

He was on about how important it was for the players and club to reconnect with their fans.

If a club that gets almost 3 times as many home supporters as us recognise this I hope those at Dens who have a say in these things are paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    On a similar topic b cram I was listening to Derek Mcinnes being interviewed after their game last night.

He was on about how important it was for the players and club to reconnect with their fans.

If a club that gets almost 3 times as many home supporters as us recognise this I hope those at Dens who have a say in these things are paying attention.
    Think the clubs are beginning to wake up. They have been so obsessed with TV money and increasing revenue from sources other than supporters turning up for the game that they've lost touch with quite a lot of basic support for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think the clubs are beginning to wake up. They have been so obsessed with TV money and increasing revenue from sources other than supporters turning up for the game that they've lost touch with quite a lot of basic support for the club.
    SC Farense, have wee nosey at some of their fans videos on you tube and a couple of documentaries about them..very similar to DFC in a lot of ways and similar sized club.

But fans are now encouraged to make a racket.

yip i hope this is a success bcram,im in hossi that day also

just a pity the club wont open a pay gate and see what response it gets

re the other forum being blanked out that was done by footymad they look for rival sites and remove them,nothing to do with here
    Last edited by shaded; 20-02-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    yip i hope this is a success bcram,im in hossi that day also

just a pity the club wont open a pay gate and see what response it gets

re the other forum being blanked out that was done by footymad they look for rival sites and remove them,nothing to do with here
    Thought that had to be an official response. Wasn't upset as it gave me the opportunity to use Rross's Pravda!

lol shoooosh or rros will copyright it

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    lol shoooosh or rros will copyright it
    xdxdxd

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)