+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Bournemouth Match Preview

Burnley v Bournemouth Match Preview

Make mine a double double. Having put Southampton back in their hutch (the surname Hasenhüttl apparently means rabbit hutch) we move on to their South Coast neighbours. It has been a difficult season so far for Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth side and after a late Jay Rod goal gave us all three points at the *****ity Stadium we can make that a perfect 6 on Saturday. Burnley will be without Barnes and almost certainly regular strike partner Chris Wood who limped off at Southampton so there is likely to be a rare start for Vydra and a chance to show that his wonder strike at St Mary's was no flash in the pan. It would be foolish to underestimate Bournemouth however and their dangermen the two Wilsons. Our referee for the day is Mike Dean who has officiated at over 500 PL matches and is known as something of a showman. Apparently when starting out as a referee he used to work on a poultry farm so here’s hoping he doesn’t blow up for too many fowls or chicken out of the big decisions. COYC!

The chicken references are pretty corny outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The chicken references are pretty corny outwood.
    I agree but this board eggs him on.

I'll be crowing if we do the double over The Cherries

It's important we keep above them in the pecking order

Come on lads, let's get serious - Howe's about chicken stuffed with cherries anyone?

It's pathetic, a big game coming up and all some fans can do is scratch around for chicken puns, ffs grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's pathetic, a big game coming up and all some fans can do is scratch around for chicken puns, ffs grow up.
    Looks like sinkov is trying to put together a chicken coop to me.

Attachment 15026

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Looks like sinkov is trying to put together a chicken coop to me.

Attachment 15026
    Give him free range to do do as he pleases.Keep your cap on.

Back to football!

I was just thinking about some of Eddie Howe's better signings and the money we made from them we they left:
    Mee - still performing miracles for us.
    Trippier - what can you say?
    Austin - the sale of Charlie to QPR kept us solvent.
    Ings - bagged us about 7 million quid.

He certainly has an eye for talent does Eddie.

I think SD should have kept Stanislas too, but perhaps Junior was a bit too much of a "Fancy Dan" for Dyche's mentality?

Bartlett, Hines and a few others didn't quite work out, but all in all Eddie did well for us, I reckon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)