+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T PSA test.

Glad you are OK Tigger keep having the check ups. Good luck to you Roma. I was a lucky one, diagnosed with Kidney cancer, kidney removed and will be 5 years since the Op end of March this year. Feel for your Dad, you, family and close friends Jules you are all suffering in some way together knowing what the end result will be, keep strong Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Cheers... Amazing sometimes how the human body can cope. And surprise us. Great care from our overstretched nhs and district/hospice nurses help.
    Did you see that woman playing the violin whilst having a tumour removed from her brain ? You have to put your faith in these people , what a credit they are all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Glad you are OK Tigger keep having the check ups. Good luck to you Roma. I was a lucky one, diagnosed with Kidney cancer, kidney removed and will be 5 years since the Op end of March this year. Feel for your Dad, you, family and close friends Jules you are all suffering in some way together knowing what the end result will be, keep strong Jules.
    great news Chopps and Tiggs ,

A bunch of folk, all tied together by a football club. All with lives that have stuff going on behind the scenes. Not all of us feeling great about the team, but it’s good that we can share things together. We may not agree all the time, And we don’t all know each other’s woes. But it’s nice to know that you can put something out there. Not nice knowing that other people are suffering too........ but nice to know that people have an understanding why you are sometimes.

The PSA blood test wasn't created to diagnose prostate cancer. A high reading may indicate cancer but it could be caused by an enlarged prostate which most men over 40 have. About 10 years ago I had a test which was high. I also had a physical examination and a number of biopsies all of which proved to be negative. I was advised none of these tests are foolproof and to have a PSA test at least once a year.
    Three months ago my PSA was up again but all the subsequent tests proved negative but my prostate was larger. Last week I had laser surgery which cuts a channel through the prostate which means I no longer have to get up at least twice a night to pee. Because no cutting is involved recovery is expected to be weeks not months.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    The PSA blood test wasn't created to diagnose prostate cancer. A high reading may indicate cancer but it could be caused by an enlarged prostate which most men over 40 have. About 10 years ago I had a test which was high. I also had a physical examination and a number of biopsies all of which proved to be negative. I was advised none of these tests are foolproof and to have a PSA test at least once a year.
    Three months ago my PSA was up again but all the subsequent tests proved negative but my prostate was larger. Last week I had laser surgery which cuts a channel through the prostate which means I no longer have to get up at least twice a night to pee. Because no cutting is involved recovery is expected to be weeks not months.
    Wish you the very, very best mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12