+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Espanyol Match Thread

I believe those are his first goals since he scored a hat trick in one of our last Europa League group games. Nice to break a long goalless streak with a bunch in one game. Hope it spurs him to a good stretch to close the season like he had last year. Expect many players to get rested in the second leg

Highlights, including another Neves special... I love the way he cocks his ear to the South Bank, cue my song

https://youtu.be/3O16y-1TJoI

After a tentative first half Wolves turned it on in the second half and going forward looked menacing. However, in defence at times, in both halves we looked shaky. Premiership strikers would have punished us. Several times the Catalans won headers from crosses, but could not hit the target.

A four nil win looks impressive to the casual viewer, but I feel it hid the true story. The team the visitors put out was far from their strongest, their minds obviously on the relegation battle this coming weekend. While ours was just about the strongest we could put out.

Four zero should be enough to see us through to the last 16, a full strength Espanyol side would have to score five to beat us. Many will want Nuno to rest some players next Thursday, but I hope for the thousands of our fans that are going over to Barcelona, he puts out a strong team to see the job through.

Great to see Jota back on the score sheet. It's the first back to back hat trick in the Europa League since 2012. Neves scored another wordy, his 12th goal from out of the area for Wolves. A word also for Romain Saiss, he really is becoming Mr Reliable.

I fear that Norwich on Sunday will not be so easy, Boy do we really need a Premiership win.

Every angle of his fourth best, according to Ruben, goal for Wolves...

https://tv.wolves.co.uk/player?feedI...yId=0_zz0x2wtc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)