+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Let’s send £14 billion abroad whilst our citizens are drowned out!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    A very sharp riposte there!
    I've been butchered!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    17m people voted to make themselves poorer. And many millions still think its the right thing to do. I'd say that was a powerful example of what years of RW propaganda can do right there..
    This is my final post on this absurdly long thread.I can hear the collective sigh of relief from 180 miles away.

Everyone knows it was The Labour Party making itself unelectable that gave The Tories their landslide victory. I know it, this board knows it, next door's dog knows it, even the majority of the Labour Party knows it. I strongly suspect you know it but either your obession with the UK Press won't let you see it or more probably you won't admit to it.

Any hope The Labour had of regaing my vote disappeared for the forseeable when in 2010 the Loony Left ensured the wrong brother got elected as leader and chose Ed Miliband instead of David Miliband. Personally I think they would have done better with The Glen Miller Band.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    This is my final post on this absurdly long thread.I can hear the collective sigh of relief from 180 miles away.

Everyone knows it was The Labour Party making itself unelectable that gave The Tories their landslide victory. I know it, this board knows it, next door's dog knows it, even the majority of the Labour Party knows it. I strongly suspect you know it but either your obession with the UK Press won't let you see it or more probably you won't admit to it.

Any hope The Labour had of regaing my vote disappeared for the forseeable when in 2010 the Loony Left ensured the wrong brother got elected as leader and chose Ed Miliband instead of David Miliband. Personally I think they would have done better with The Glen Miller Band.

What a fabulous post and so so correct! Only a loony would not agree with you

Let’s put the situation another way.

If it’d been a Labour Party led by ( in their pomp )

Alistair Darling as PM.

Alan Johnstone as Chancellor.

David Blunkett.

Lord Falconer.

Et Al who do you think would’ve won the election?

And here you are missing the point again.

Its not isolated to one election. Its every election for the last 4 decades. Including one very important referendum.

Just because Labour were appallingly bad in the last election, doesn't change the fact that RW press significantly influence elections and referendums with their propaganda. And will continue to do so for as long as millions of people choose to read and believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    And here you are missing the point again.

Its not isolated to one election. Its every election for the last 4 decades. Including one very important referendum.

Just because Labour were appallingly bad in the last election, doesn't change the fact that RW press significantly influence elections and referendums with their propaganda. And will continue to do so for as long as millions of people choose to read and believe it.

Bollox! Let's all take the view then the Coronavirus is another strain of flu and it's just the tabloids hyping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Bollox! Let's all take the view then the Coronavirus is another strain of flu and it's just the tabloids hyping it up.
    You're taking something completely separate and trying to make an analogy out of it.

In the case of Coronavirus, we can understand its real and present danger because of the warnings from experts. People from the WHO and front line doctors for example. Now, ask an impartial expert for their financial forecast of Brexit...

Have a look at where most of the quotations come from for Daily Mail articles, pushing whatever agenda they see fit - usually its a backbench millionaire Tory MP or Tory supporter.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)