+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s send £14 billion abroad whilst our citizens are drowned out!

Let’s send £14 billion abroad whilst our citizens are drowned out!

Watching the news from the valleys in Wales and from many other areas around England it’s destruction and personal devastation is incredible.

People left destitute and homeless,insurance companies refusing to pay out,local councils totally inept in terms of helping people.....national government too quiet.

WHY are we not cancelling the foreign aid giveaway forthwith and handing billions to our own regions to sort out people’s immediate issues and to sort the flood barriers out for good!?

Charity begins at f king home!!

Are China or the USA sending us a handout in OUR hour of need?

Are they F U C K!

So p I s s e d off at our continued commitment to foreign aid.

Any idea how much the UK took from these countries when they colonised them??

Have a read round Mick

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Any idea how much the UK took from these countries when they colonised them??

Have a read round Mick
    I didn’t realise we’d colonised China.

Do forgive me.

Are u shortsighted enough to think this is a one way street?

Is it money for nothing in return?

Are our politicians this kind hearted ?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Do forgive me.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...pend-2018d.pdf

How much went to China?

Some countries pay more pro rata than us
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 20-02-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Do forgive me.
    We did flood their country with opium though in order to get our hands on their commodities and become the richest country on the planet and didn’t care we killed millions in China and India

Have a read

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-49404024

https://www.bl.uk/learning/histcitiz...ingplaces.html
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 20-02-2020 at 10:30 PM.

So you think it’s fair that we have citizens wading through their own s h I t trying to salvage their lives whilst sending £14 billion to countries with space programs etc BS?

I don’t.

I do believe we should send help to countries in times of disaster however.

I’m not saying that we stop entirely but committing 0.7% of GDP willy nilly is ridiculous and open to abuse.

So you think it’s fair that we have citizens wading through their own s h I t trying to salvage their lives whilst sending £14 billion to countries with space programs etc BS?

I don’t.

I do believe we should send help to countries in times of disaster however.

I’m not saying that we stop entirely but committing 0.7% of GDP willy nilly is ridiculous and open to abuse.
    Welcome to my thought process, the whole thing is corrupt this is not for the good of anyone sitting in a hut in Africa or Asia
    It’s to grease the wheels of something or other

It’s our money, “They” want us to think we are using it to help someone when they and their backers are benefitting

And the best way to stop u looking and thinking about it, is to make you think they are taking it from you

I wholly disagree, these countries do not need 14 billion in aid, and we should use that here especially when we are the people that have paid it with our taxes and we vote for these politicians and are up to our necks in water.

So why is the government doing it ?
    Why would they?
    We vote for them?
    If we are not happy they are out, right ?
    Or can they get you to start thinking about something else and forget that they needed to get that money somewhere to take a cut and to ensure that these other countries never get out of their reliance on us as we are giving them aid in order to win big contracts in their countries and burdening them with debts they have to pay back at rates loan sharks would scoff at

Welcome to politics Mick and you are being the pawn here mate, instead of this ask why we need to give aid, what would we lose, why do our governments want to give aid, what do they get in return?

And trampling on the poor and keeping them poor while taking money out is the reason

They would prefer their debts reducing but where’s the benefit in that for us
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 20-02-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Mick I worked for a company that played a small part in assisting counties rebuilding infrastructure after wars

We pay for bombs with our taxes and give it to large companies who make profits that go to individuals (shareholders and associates)

We then bomb the crap out of countries and then pay these large companies to replenish our stock with our taxes again And the profits again go to the individuals (shareholders and associates)

We then go into these countries once we have put our stooge in charge and get awarded contracts to rebuild the crap we bombed and the tax payer gives aid and these large corporations take that and then also charge for services

Poor bombed country can’t pay, don’t worry we have a large international bank you can borrow from, or the UK/US etc or the large corporation or you can award us other things and be in our pocket

Money doesn’t ever get to anyone apart from the large corporation shareholders and associates and the governments

Don’t be fooled by a few bags of grains and programs to give water to villages

They don’t cost billions

Also replace bombs with aid above, it’s just a scam

Great posts BaggieSingh.
    Very well explained....

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)