+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s send £14 billion abroad whilst our citizens are drowned out!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    There is no God only time, Time created the Heavens and the Earth, it is Time that will reshape the Heavens and the Earth.

Boing boing !!!
    Time doesn’t exist........it’s a word made up by humans.

Before the Big Bang there was supposedly nothingness but if you’re right how long did that nothingness last?

As humans we have a need to put a label on everything.

Time only exists in the minds of people who believe the concept.

No other species is understands the concept.

You’re either alive or your dead.........or maybe you’re not.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Mick I worked for a company that played a small part in assisting counties rebuilding infrastructure after wars

We pay for bombs with our taxes and give it to large companies who make profits that go to individuals (shareholders and associates)

We then bomb the crap out of countries and then pay these large companies to replenish our stock with our taxes again And the profits again go to the individuals (shareholders and associates)

We then go into these countries once we have put our stooge in charge and get awarded contracts to rebuild the crap we bombed and the tax payer gives aid and these large corporations take that and then also charge for services

Poor bombed country can’t pay, don’t worry we have a large international bank you can borrow from, or the UK/US etc or the large corporation or you can award us other things and be in our pocket

Money doesn’t ever get to anyone apart from the large corporation shareholders and associates and the governments

Don’t be fooled by a few bags of grains and programs to give water to villages

They don’t cost billions

Also replace bombs with aid above, it’s just a scam
    That's better BS. We all say things in jest that then get taken wrong. Hopefully we are now into debate not points scoring.

As regards the Muslem Muslim thing I do like to get things right 1. out of respect and 2. if you don't you end up discussing pedantics rather than the important bits I entered Muslem into google and up it came as a spelling. I will of course in future use Muslim.

I am interested enough to have visited a Mosque in December admittedly organised by my wife (a lapsed Catholic.) My first surprise was who they put up to talk to us. My prejudice led me to expect a wizened old guy with a long pointy beard. What we got was an engaging 20 year old. After a little while I felt comfortable enough to be questioning of his beliefs without being critical. He handled it very well.

A bit of a contrast to my last experience with a local vicar who when I last attended a CofE service (a friend's christening) when as a non believer I was made to feel very much second class. *I can't speak to his predecessor as he's serving 10 years for 26 counts of ***ually assaulting young children.

I do get very animated when anyone continually 'knocks' everything about our great country. Yes we could and should spend more on the NHS but it is rated as the best in the world on some, but not all surveys so let's just settle for it's pretty good.

I'm not going to give any credence to the dispicable, disgusting, disgraceful post about the polictical party the good people of this country democratically elected in December comparing it to the likes of Jobbik, Vox, Front National et al by replying direct. Only heard this morning Angela Merkel's burka ban supporting party is considering 'lurching to the right' in order to combat the rise of the AFD

Having answered your point re the spelling of Muslim can I ask again as to whether it's 'we' or Muslims who are doing most of the 'bombing the crap out of Muslims?'*

And can I add a further question. Do you agree with me there is quite rightly so,plenty of news concerning the persecution of Muslims in China, India and Myanamar but when did you last hear about the persecution of Christians in the Middle East where the extinction of the faith seems to be the aim of more than a few?

By no means do we the UK get everything right and there is always room to improve but on balance we do a damn sight better than most at most things.

Your last paragraph is spot on 923.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Time doesn’t exist........it’s a word made up by humans.

Before the Big Bang there was supposedly nothingness but if you’re right how long did that nothingness last?

As humans we have a need to put a label on everything.

Time only exists in the minds of people who believe the concept.

No other species is understands the concept.

You’re either alive or your dead.........or maybe you’re not.
    What is time. Seasons are a period of time, which nature takes note of even these days, with what is called global warming, which in part, is a normal and naturally occurring phenomenon, ice age etc, the seasons change naturally, it is just a time in nature. Many creatures of this planet know when it is time to breed, hibernate etc.

Time is not only measured in years, months, hours minutes and seconds. Time was in use before humans called it time. Humans just gave it a name.

When your dead, you are dead for ever. So make the most of your time on this planet.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 23-02-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    That's better BS. We all say things in jest that then get taken wrong. Hopefully we are now into debate not points scoring.

As regards the Muslem Muslim thing I do like to get things right 1. out of respect and 2. if you don't you end up discussing pedantics rather than the important bits I entered Muslem into google and up it came as a spelling. I will of course in future use Muslim.

I am interested enough to have visited a Mosque in December admittedly organised by my wife (a lapsed Catholic.) My first surprise was who they put up to talk to us. My prejudice led me to expect a wizened old guy with a long pointy beard. What we got was an engaging 20 year old. After a little while I felt comfortable enough to be questioning of his beliefs without being critical. He handled it very well.

A bit of a contrast to my last experience with a local vicar who when I last attended a CofE service (a friend's christening) when as a non believer I was made to feel very much second class. *I can't speak to his predecessor as he's serving 10 years for 26 counts of ***ually assaulting young children.

I do get very animated when anyone continually 'knocks' everything about our great country. Yes we could and should spend more on the NHS but it is rated as the best in the world on some, but not all surveys so let's just settle for it's pretty good.

I'm not going to give any credence to the dispicable, disgusting, disgraceful post about the polictical party the good people of this country democratically elected in December comparing it to the likes of Jobbik, Vox, Front National et al by replying direct. Only heard this morning Angela Merkel's burka ban supporting party is considering 'lurching to the right' in order to combat the rise of the AFD

Having answered your point re the spelling of Muslim can I ask again as to whether it's 'we' or Muslims who are doing most of the 'bombing the crap out of Muslims?'*

And can I add a further question. Do you agree with me there is quite rightly so,plenty of news concerning the persecution of Muslims in China, India and Myanamar but when did you last hear about the persecution of Christians in the Middle East where the extinction of the faith seems to be the aim of more than a few?

By no means do we the UK get everything right and there is always room to improve but on balance we do a damn sight better than most at most things.
    I also agree with your last paragraph and after being to many countries I also agree we get a lot right here and I am proud to call this my home

But I honestly believe that its getting worse than it was, things improved a lot from my youth but recently has slowly been getting worse

This includes the government and their divisive policies, to try and split communities not necessarily by race but by any means necessary

I disagree with persecution in all forms and agree it should be reported in the press because this is assisting to split communities, which should be multicultural and multi thought with people of all opinions able to live together right, why should i want everyone to agree with my point of view?

apologies if that didnt make sense im in the middle of about 10 things

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I know know such thing albion68...nor have I posted anything to give you that opinion....
    That is your quote and not mine...you know nothing about me.....If you have an issue with the term...then that is your issue...not mine.
    that came out wrong ,i should have wrote ,as we all know.and I don’t give two ****s we all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    that came out wrong ,i should have wrote ,as we all know.and I don’t give two ****s we all know it.

Well...WE..shall agree that you know what you know and I know what I know.....

[QUOTE=Dubbag;39440967]
    Well...WE..shall agree that you know what you know and I know what I know.....touch’a

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I also agree with your last paragraph and after being to many countries I also agree we get a lot right here and I am proud to call this my home

But I honestly believe that its getting worse than it was, things improved a lot from my youth but recently has slowly been getting worse

This includes the government and their divisive policies, to try and split communities not necessarily by race but by any means necessary

I disagree with persecution in all forms and agree it should be reported in the press because this is assisting to split communities, which should be multicultural and multi thought with people of all opinions able to live together right, why should i want everyone to agree with my point of view?

apologies if that didnt make sense im in the middle of about 10 things
    Good stuff BS. Just as we started debating this there was a showing of the 1944 David Lean film This Happy Breed based on Noel Coward play about life in Britain between The Wars. Have a listen at 42 mins to the speech dad has with his son who has just got caught up in a street fight protesting about The General Strike. So much of what dad says resonates with me today. I can't of course relate to what dad says about his personal experiences in the WWI trenches. Thank God!

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...1&action=click

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Good stuff BS. Just as we started debating this there was a showing of the 1944 David Lean film This Happy Breed based on Noel Coward play about life in Britain between The Wars. Have a listen at 42 mins to the speech dad has with his son who has just got caught up in a street fight protesting about The General Strike. So much of what dad says resonates with me today. I can't of course relate to what dad says about his personal experiences in the WWI trenches. Thank God!

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...1&action=click
    I will look at this now

My Grandad was in the Indian Army in WW2 and in a coma for nearly a year, so me and my family were very close to being non existent which is weird
    But he was also the kindest most generous person I’ve ever met in my life

The one think I will always say and agree with this that we are more common than we generally appreciate
    It’s not us hat try to divide it’s the powers that be as it benefits them

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)