+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Macc

Macc

Well? I said on a previous post that I've only seen us beat Macc once. We're taking our 16 year-old nephew from Brighton ( a Liverpool fan?????&#129300 to see the game so hopefully the game will be a better spectacle than it usually is when we play them.
    Going for 2-1. How imaginative is that?

I feel that this is a must win in so far as it is on paper one of our easier games. Unfortunately I may be attending, so probably a draw.

Constant pressure from us and possession of the ball and they will tire in the second half. A final score of 4-1 to the mighty Alex

It was good to see the Alex win at last (only my 5th game this season). Thought we played well in the first half, but eased off in the 2nd. Good to see Porter score after last week, also Walker getting his first. Great spot and cross from Charlie.

Charlie Kirk has started to deliver what we all know he can do in the last few games. Is this because Walker has come into the team ?

I think ‘resting’ him a few weeks back may have helped concentrate his mind! It’s also noticeable how much better he seems to play when we’re kicking towards the Gresty RoD End - I had previously thought he just got better as the opposition tired but he was really on it during the first half on Saturday, despite running into a strong wind and, at times, driving rain; these are the sort of conditions that he might not have liked in the past but, fair play, he rolled up his sleeves, didn’t play in ridiculous gloves and was outstanding. Faded a bit towards the end of the second half and was the right man to come off and give Powell some game time (although he didn’t do much).

I think the arrival of Walker has gingered up the whole front line (pardon the pun) and Powell, Dale and the others have their work cut out to displace him after Saturday. Still at it in the 90th minute and a left back’s nightmare.