+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T fuel.

People have burned wood since fire was invented but it’s that that is killing the planet.
    Nothing to do with firing shuttles into space, nuclear weapons or super cars being flown round the world to race round in circles for days.

It was wood all along. And they expect us to take them seriously.

They’re just as daft as the morons digging up lawns to change the climate.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    It appears it’s the sale of non dried wood and coal that’s going to be banned , if you can source your own wood whos to know it’s not wet? Someone famous once said.. “ cut your own wood and it warms you twice”
    I think what comes out of your chimley might be a giveaway Lincs. I'm sure that once the new law is in place there will also be mechanisms for detecting smoke and pollution levels

Plastic is killing wildlife in the ocean. Burn that and it’ll warm your house and won’t end up wrapped round a dolphin.

I would imagine it means that logs from newly felled trees cannot be sold for burning for say 18 months or two years until they have dried through.

Similarly only smokeless briquettes can be sold and coal cannot

If you forage for your own wood or timber then it's not really practical to police it.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 21-02-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Plastic is killing wildlife in the ocean. Burn that and it’ll warm your house and won’t end up wrapped round a dolphin.
    Ha..true that scum, well educated people with no common sense cause the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I think what comes out of your chimley might be a giveaway Lincs. I'm sure that once the new law is in place there will also be mechanisms for detecting smoke and pollution levels
    It’s mostly rural where I live Patty and most people have log/ coal stoves as we don’t have gas in the village. Most people won’t burn wet wood because of the tar deposits causing problems in the flue but some days the air is quite thick with the smell of burning wood. Electric heating is far more expensive and again most people have oil boilers. Probably in the future heat pumps will be the answer, it’s something I’ve considered but it’s a hefty investment when their is a possibility of a return to S.Yorks .

I've got a stove a multi burner. I should imagine what I burn in wood will make very little difference to polluting the world. China Australia America India are the biggest polluters in this world I believe.

Sounds like my cut price cremation business is going to go tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    People have burned wood since fire was invented but it’s that that is killing the planet.
    Nothing to do with firing shuttles into space, nuclear weapons or super cars being flown round the world to race round in circles for days.

It was wood all along. And they expect us to take them seriously.

They’re just as daft as the morons digging up lawns to change the climate.
    Nobody is saying that it's killing the planet. The science says that it is killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Nobody is saying that it's killing the planet. The science says that it is killing people.
    But burning wood doesn’t generate the tax that F1 does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast