+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Middlesbrough Match Thoughts

I’ve been saying for months that Andersen is the reason we were conceding so many goals, we have a real chance of staying up as long as he is nowhere near the team! You can see Sollbauer is a different player with Halme alongside him as nobody else is having to cover Andersen and do two jobs, Collins also gives the defence a little more confidence than when Radlinger plays!
    What we need now is Struber to realise he does’t need to tinker about with the team too much, next couple of games are crucial and are both winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’ve been saying for months that Andersen is the reason we were conceding so many goals, we have a real chance of staying up as long as he is nowhere near the team! You can see Sollbauer is a different player with Halme alongside him as nobody else is having to cover Andersen and do two jobs, Collins also gives the defence a little more confidence than when Radlinger plays!
    What we need now is Struber to realise he does’t need to tinker about with the team too much, next couple of games are crucial and are both winnable.
    A player vastly experienced player organising the young lads around him helped by the fact the resident un-coachable clowns are now out of the picture .

Probably what Stendel told them last summer and more than likely after the Preston debacle .

Half a dozen on this forum had the same opinion .

Has the penny dropped I ask myself , well Struber got them to change direction so fair enough .

It's a crying shame it had to be the way it was for the change to come .

It may yet prove to be too late however .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Brilliant win, chuffed to bits. Am art on pyss fot Fury feight nar so sore eeard beckons in morning!!
    Isn't the fight not scheduled to start until around 4am tomorrow morning Pass ?

Feckin hell mate hope tha paces thi sen .

Thats surely all we can ask for, the players looking like they want it again, like they did near christmas time.
    And a few clean sheet wins as well, and with messrs Woodrow & Chaplin in the team we're always capable of scoring, thats never been in doubt has it.
    I just wish we could have seen more of this regularly during the season, instead of only in bits here and there.
    Also, Im surprised at how many garbage teams there are and I reckon that the Champship is more than a touch over rated this season. Yes I know we are one of those awful teams, and I regret that we just havent done as well as we're capable of.

But the fact that we're still in this fight, and we now look with a lot more confidence into the next match, that says a lot. Well done lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats surely all we can ask for, the players looking like they want it again, like they did near christmas time.
    And a few clean sheet wins as well, and with messrs Woodrow & Chaplin in the team we're always capable of scoring, thats never been in doubt has it.
    I just wish we could have seen more of this regularly during the season, instead of only in bits here and there.
    Also, Im surprised at how many garbage teams there are and I reckon that the Champship is more than a touch over rated this season. Yes I know we are one of those awful teams, and I regret that we just havent done as well as we're capable of.

But the fact that we're still in this fight, and we now look with a lot more confidence into the next match, that says a lot. Well done lads.
    Win on Wednesday and it's well and truly on in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Win on Wednesday and it's well and truly on in my opinion .
    Yes another win at Hull would be brilliant Animal, but Im trying to not be too greedy here.
    Id look at a 0-0 there as another good result, and hey if we can snatch 4 points maybe from the games at Hull & Reading this week, then yes it definitely is game on!!. .

Look at the likes of Middlesbrough & Huddersfield both getting slowly dragged back into the mire, their confidence is draining and long may it continue. BUT... we must keep on scoring and winning games ourself of course, that goes without saying doesnt it!.
    Last edited by Acido; 23-02-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Just for balance, it is a sad reflection generally of this season and the lowering of expectations generally, that fans rejoice and acclaim a team that is in the relegation zone five points from safety, having beaten a team that hadn't won for ten games. It is natural when fans ev been starved of success that they will grasp a few crumbs of comfort from the table. It's the pre Christmas hype returning when we ed back to back wins against QPR and Millwall.
    I take a longer view over a season. We ev 7 away games left and 5 at ooam. If, after the next four games--Hull A, Reading A, Cardiff H and QPR A--we are still within a point or two of safety then we are in with a chance. I may be on my own here, which is fair enough, but my party hat and feather boa are still in the drawer.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-02-2020 at 09:45 AM.

We all like to WIN SB but thas right with only 5 home games left we have little chance of staying up, so we live in hope to say the least - IF only we had not allowed all our 3 CB's to leave at the end of last season, words fail me.

Tha reyt abart the immediate joy of winning a game Chops. Nowt wrong with that.

I just think some fans on various message boards are overestimating our chances of staying up on the back of these two results.
    I still think Wigan, Barnsley and Luton will be the three to drop.

Wigan Luton and Huddersfield. Goal difference keeps us up!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast