+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Dons v Gadgiecoffs

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I think Mckenna has had a slump in form since we knocked back his transfer request but probably still our best centre half (Widna be hard mind) and quite rightly plays every week.
    Campbell i have high hopes for,think he keeps posession well and i'd play him instead of Bryson and Mcgeough.
    Anderson is probably the most natural finisher at the club and he should be playing more often IMO,give him a run of games and see if he can make the step up,unfortunately i dont think he'll get that with Mcinnes in charge and could end up another Shankland which would be a mistake on AFC's part
    The difference is that Anderson doesn’t share the shocking attitude to his career that Shankland now admits he had whilst on our books, when he looked like a Queens Park player when given his chances. I think he’s reached his level with the Plastics, and some English Div 3 side will pick him up this summer, but that’s about it.

You can coach fitness and skills, but not attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The difference is that Anderson doesn’t share the shocking attitude to his career that Shankland now admits he had whilst on our books, when he looked like a Queens Park player when given his chances. I think he’s reached his level with the Plastics, and some English Div 3 side will pick him up this summer, but that’s about it.

I think you might be surprised regarding Shankland,aye his attitude wasn't good enough but it seems he has learned his lesson and bucked his ideas up,he'll get a decent transfer to a lower-mid table English championship team i reckon and make the pikeys a fair bit of money

So 2nd division instead of 3rd

Still s’hite

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

His attitude couldn't have been that bad. Shirely it's the managers job to sort the attitude out.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    I do wonder if McInnes is holding back youth development.

The U-18's are undefeated this season with 15 wins & a draw (albeit the only competitive fixtures have been the Youth Cup ones) and an aggregate score of 59 - 11.

We are in the finals of both the Youth Cup and Reserve Cup so all this suggests something is going right with the youth setup, we just can't seem to get the fruits of this into the senior team except on rare occasions and for me that lies at the managers door.
    We also won the development league not so long ago and McInnes dismantled that team. It seems to me very rare for a player youth or otherwise to go into that first team and actually improve as a player.

How good or bad is the level of these youth leagues? No other Scottish teams are bringing through any top young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    How good or bad is the level of these youth leagues? No other Scottish teams are bringing through any top young players.
    Really? I thought there was quite a few young lads coming through in the league the now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed1903 View Post
    Really? I thought there was quite a few young lads coming through in the league the now.
    Like who?

My take on the current crop of youngsters...

McKenna - should’ve sold him in his high flying spell when his stock was high. He’s regressed badly and looks awful at times. However he has the raw attributes required and is capable of turning in quality performances so hopefully he can get back to that. I expect him to go in the summer anyway for £2-3m.

Campbell - a bit naive at times and comes across as too much of a ‘nice’ boy. However he is comfortable on the ball, doesn’t panic under pressure, good passing ability etc. I’d be playing him ahead of Bryson and McGeouch on current form and maybe even Ojo. Still early days though - by this time next year we’ll know whether he’s going to make it.

McLennan - sometimes looks good, but more often than not looks awful. Trips over the ball, stumbles over his own feet, runs straight into opposition players or straight off the pitch, dives too much, spends a lot of time rolling around like a big pansy. I think he’s actually quite a good finisher so maybe he could be converted into a striker, but I’ve a feeling that in a couple seasons time he’ll be playing at a lower level.

Wright - I was disappointed he got injured so early in the season as I thought he could do a job in the 10 role - he’s the type of player we’ve been crying out for most of the season. Good finisher as well, but maybe a bit fragile and lightweight. Jury’s still out - I’d give him a run in the 10 position but I doubt McInnes ever will so I think he might end up away next season.

Anderson - great finisher, and looks a bit more robust than when he first broke into the team. The formation hasn’t played in his favour as he really needs to play with another striker. I would like to see him alongside Main, who I think would be a better partner for him than cosgrove. I’m not sure about him either... he’ll end up scoring goals somewhere else probably as I don’t think mcinnes will give him the chance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    His attitude couldn't have been that bad. Shirely it's the managers job to sort the attitude out.
    He did, by binning the big-heided (in many ways) gype when his attitude failed to improve.

Attitude is owned by the individual, and he's admitted he's sorted himself out.

He's a big fish in a wee pond currently, and I'm sceptical about his ability to make a higher grade.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast