+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Gadgiecoffs

one plus point from recent games is that we’re at least being a bit more positive in our play and are actually trying to score goals now.

But overall today just brought back to the forefront of our minds some of the glaring issues that the last 2-3 games have glossed over.

Defensively we make simple mistakes far too often. McKenna is like a schoolboy defending at times, and Logan switches off far too often, and while I can’t criticise Considine for his effort, or really his performances lately, he’s still incredibly slow for a left back and that costs us occasionally.

Campbell was in on merit today as he’s been better than mcgeouch (Who was in effective when he came on) and Bryson (who can’t surely be injured again?!?!) but he’s still inexperienced and I would say a bit naive at times.

McLennan is not going to make it - I’ve said this many times before. Too soft, spends the game rolling around on the ground - contrast that to when Ryan fraser broke through - he was getting nailed left right n centre and just got up and got on with it. This guy is a cry baby with no end product.

Cosgrove was terrible again too. As much as I hate Main, he is actually significantly better at winning headers, holding the ball up, linking play and just about everything else. Cosgrove has 21 goals or whatever but 9 have been penalties. I’m not convinced he’s going to reach 25 by the end of the season.

Our most valuable asset by far is Ferguson - I’m amazed nobody’s been in for him yet, but I suspect they will be in the summer.

Kennedy did nothing of note when he came on and neither did Hedges (who I think will go back south in the summer as he’s soft and ineffective too).

Wonder when Ron Hernandez is ever going to be seen on the pitch...

Hernandez will hardly get picked.

Purely down to the fact it wasn’t McInnes who signed him.

That’s what will end up costing him his job.

As for Campbell, I still think the first yellow was very harsh. I don’t think you’d usually get a booking for a first foul like that. But the second is just stupidity. But I’ll forgive him if he never does it again. I still think he’s got promise and has made a difference the last few games he’s played. There’s a fair few of this team I’d happily wave goodbye to in the summer, but for me he’s not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    There’s a fair few of this team I’d happily wave goodbye to in the summer, but for me he’s not one of them.
    Therein lies another problem. None of the squad bar Cerny (who I’d keep) are out of contract as far as I’m aware.

This squad is miles short of what we want or need - but how exactly are we gonna change it cause none of the ones you’d want rid of are gonna get a better club that us.

Grim prospect of little transfer activity this summer. Imagine starting next season with that lot...

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Our 16 spends more time on his backside anyway. A man short for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Cosgrove and McKenna millions my arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    McKenna was shambolic and Cosgrove useless - nobody will pay big bucks for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Cosgrove was awful again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Cosgrove didn’t look remotely interested most of the game. Really poor attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Cosgrove was terrible again too. As much as I hate Main, he is actually significantly better at winning headers, holding the ball up, linking play and just about everything else. Cosgrove has 21 goals or whatever but 9 have been penalties. I’m not convinced he’s going to reach 25 by the end of the season..
    All of the above !!!!!

Note: for the record Cosgrove has not just all of a sudden become shyte with a dodgy attitude, he always has been shyte with a dodgy attitude i guess most folks are finally seeing that now, but for some reason some still cant admit it.

Oh well........

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    All of the above !!!!!

Note: for the record Cosgrove has not just all of a sudden become shyte with a dodgy attitude, he always has been shyte with a dodgy attitude i guess most folks are finally seeing that now, but for some reason some still cant admit it.

Oh well........

This says it all

Name:  10FC6EC4-295F-408C-8657-AD7ABD638177.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  11.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It’s all got it’s advantages
    No big money for McKenna
    No big money for Cosgrove
    No big payment for a Ryan Frazer sale.

It all helps make Westhill Wanderers less likely

McInnes as usual full of excuses, but never his fault. Tiredness, fvck off. I think we only have Wright, Leigh and Ojo out injured, which seems pretty standard for a squad of our size.
    But almost everyone of his signings this year (and previous years) are uninspiring. Kennedy has not went past a man yet, McGeough just looks slow, Bryson is Lord Lucan. Hernández (who is clearly not his signing) can’t get a look in.

Most good managers rotate their squad for games like today, but DM has just signed turgid pi$h.

I have just endured four home league defeats in a row for the first time ever, that takes some doing McInnes. I am unsure if Cormack has been to any of these four games, if he actually was, he would see our apathy to the awful performances. Hopefully at least, Cormack logs into sites like these.

Yes, I am going down next Saturday due to my love of AFC, but McInnes and team can fvck off out of my club anytime he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    What’s your opinion in regards to Kennedy?

About a month ago you had a go at me for saying he was a meh signing.

Considering after 8 games we are still waiting for him to beat a player never mind put in a decent cross I would say the “couldn’t beat an egg” comment by another poster sums him up.
    I think we'll make a profit on Kennedy. He's at least gave me some signs that he can do a job for us while he's here. Whilst his presence seems to have removed Gallagher from the manager's thoughts which can only be a good thing.

As far as new signings go, Kennedy is not the worry. The two most concerning me are McGeouch and Herendez. McGeouch must be on good wages but so far he doesn't look anywhere near the level we need. If there is no improvement by the end of the season then we need to ask ourselves if he is required for next season. He's been utter dross.

Herendez has only played once since he arrived. He's the forgotten man already. What's happening? Is he injured or is he "settling in"? Whatever the reason, if we really spent 800k on this player then we should be expecting a little more. Its very concerning.

Then there is Cosgrove and McKenna. Have they been chatting to each other and decided to pack away the tools. Cosgrove is disinterested. McKenna distracted and disinterested.

The day the club turned down any kind of money for Mckenna is quickly turning into one of the worse business decisions ever made by AFC. Who made that decision? Did McInnes persuade Milne? If so, why did Milne listen to him?

McKenna seems quite happy to ruin his own career to get out of AFC. Now Cosgrove appears to be taking the same approach. Both are very limited players and without effort they give the team nothing. If these two are sulking then we need to root them out.

To single out Kennedy is bizarre. You can't see the wood for the trees. Next you'll be criticising Considine... Again...

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    All of the above !!!!!

Oh well........
    Welcome back min. Redjohn started a thread about you leaving the board but naebody seemed to give a f*ck.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast