+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Gadgiecoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I feel sorry for McLennan. He's getting some amount of grief.
    Apart from McGinn he is no better or worse than the other wingers we have.

Some people just don’t seem to like the young players coming through,which is odd considering McInnes got criticised for not bringing any through in his first couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    If McLennan had promise at one time, it’s never been fulfilled. He seems to have an inability to decide what to do in possession, and invariably runs up crowded blind alleys on the touchline or across the pitch. Losing a marker seems alien to him.

That fannies’ dive to try to win a penalty against the victims was embarrassing as were a couple of dives against Dingwall.

It’s a pity, but he’s destined for one of the Angus teams, or Sevcove. That looks to be his level.
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Some people just don’t seem to like the young players coming through,which is odd considering McInnes got criticised for not bringing any through in his first couple of seasons.
    I think his return is better than most.

It would surprise me if he ends up at Dundee United. It's heading that way as things stand.

Maybe he's not fulfilled his promise because McInnes and the team in general have been utter pish (see also McKenna).

Says the man that has criticised another player "that came through" for nigh on ten years...the master of contradiction

It's nothing to do with how McLennan arrived in the first team and more to do with what he does once there. Unlike your outlook on players, nothing is black and white, McLennan has had good periods in games but overall the completely ineffective far outweighs the promising which makes me think he might be a level above is own or maybe needs to experience regular first team football at a bottom six team on loan. Although, if he can't do it regularly for Aberdeen then I doubt he will fair any better at Ross County or the like. Scott Wright went to Dundee but I think his spell there just confirms that he's not good enough for us if we want to be challenging for honours (no laughing at the back)..

And you'll undoubtedly bring up the new target of your disapproval, but you're comparing a player who has played 8 times (Kennedy) against a player who has played 50 (McLennan). Kennedy played well against Hamilton and if you couldn't see that then perhaps you don't understand what you're watching...

And I notice that you remained silent on Gallagher playing but Herendez isn't when both players wouldn't have been sourced by McInnes or his men...by the way, if Mcinnes isn't trying to get Herendez match fit then why was he playing for the reserves yesterday in the cup semi-final against Motherwell at Broadwood?
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 25-02-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Says the man that has criticised another player "that came through" for nigh on ten years...the master of contradiction

It's nothing to do with how McLennan arrived in the first team and more to do with what he does once there. Unlike your outlook on players, nothing is black and white, McLennan has had good periods in games but overall the completely ineffective far outweighs the promising which makes me think he might be a level above is own or maybe needs to experience regular first team football at a bottom six team on loan. Although, if he can't do it regularly for Aberdeen then I doubt he will fair any better at Ross County or the like. Scott Wright went to Dundee but I think his spell there just confirms that he's not good enough for us if we want to be challenging for honours (no laughing at the back)..

And you'll undoubtedly bring up the new target of your disapproval, but you're comparing a player who has played 8 times (Kennedy) against a player who has played 50 (McLennan). Kennedy played well against Hamilton and if you couldn't see that then perhaps you don't understand what you're watching...

And I notice that you remained silent on Gallagher playing but Herendez isn't when both players wouldn't have been sourced by McInnes or his men...by the way, if Mcinnes isn't trying to get Herendez match fit then why was he playing for the reserves yesterday in the cup semi-final against Motherwell at Broadwood?
    you really have issues with me,all because I laughed when you tried to say Considine is the best back up defender in the league.

Gallagher was offered to us on loan so we could develop him for Atlanta, I presume McInnes agreed to that knowing he isn’t going to have to play him in every game.

Hernandez was signed by Cormack for £800k,which would say to me he wants him to play every week.

You could say he isn’t fit because he hasn’t played since December but neither has McGeouch (someone you wrote off after 8 games) but that hasn’t stopped McInnes from playing him so why hasn’t he played Hernandez more than once?

By the way you were being really smug last week reminding everyone you said we would go on a winning run after the Hamilton game,2 wins and 2 defeats isn’t much of a winning run

Its got nothing to do with his age,the more young players we bring through our system to the first team the better.
    It's the fact he's pish that i have a problem with,maybe Mcinnes isn't playing him in his correct position but watching him i've no idea what his correct position should be,he just looks out his depth im afraid as does Scott Wright.
    Although i'd like to see Wright deployed in the "number 10" position when fit again before i completely write him off

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Its got nothing to do with his age,the more young players we bring through our system to the first team the better.
    It's the fact he's pish that i have a problem with,maybe Mcinnes isn't playing him in his correct position but watching him i've no idea what his correct position should be,he just looks out his depth im afraid as does Scott Wright.
    Although i'd like to see Wright deployed in the "number 10" position when fit again before i completely write him off
    What do you think of McKenna,Campbell and Anderson?

Those 3 and McLennon have all had good games and bad games but young players do tend to be inconsistent.

If we aren’t going to bring young players through because they aren’t brilliant every week we would be better off binning the youth system.

If we aren’t going to bring young players through because they aren’t brilliant every week we would be better off binning the youth system.
    I do wonder if McInnes is holding back youth development.

The U-18's are undefeated this season with 15 wins & a draw (albeit the only competitive fixtures have been the Youth Cup ones) and an aggregate score of 59 - 11.

We are in the finals of both the Youth Cup and Reserve Cup so all this suggests something is going right with the youth setup, we just can't seem to get the fruits of this into the senior team except on rare occasions and for me that lies at the managers door.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    I do wonder if McInnes is holding back youth development.

The U-18's are undefeated this season with 15 wins & a draw (albeit the only competitive fixtures have been the Youth Cup ones) and an aggregate score of 59 - 11.

We are in the finals of both the Youth Cup and Reserve Cup so all this suggests something is going right with the youth setup, we just can't seem to get the fruits of this into the senior team except on rare occasions and for me that lies at the managers door.
    Interesting point. I was told that every team at Pittodrie plays 4-4-2 apart from the first team that play 4-2-3-1 which could be a huge factor in why no youngsters make much of an impact

What do you think of McKenna,Campbell and Anderson?

Those 3 and McLennon have all had good games and bad games but young players do tend to be inconsistent.

I think Mckenna has had a slump in form since we knocked back his transfer request but probably still our best centre half (Widna be hard mind) and quite rightly plays every week.
    Campbell i have high hopes for,think he keeps posession well and i'd play him instead of Bryson and Mcgeough.
    Anderson is probably the most natural finisher at the club and he should be playing more often IMO,give him a run of games and see if he can make the step up,unfortunately i dont think he'll get that with Mcinnes in charge and could end up another Shankland which would be a mistake on AFC's part

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Interesting point. I was told that every team at Pittodrie plays 4-4-2 apart from the first team that play 4-2-3-1 which could be a huge factor in why no youngsters make much of an impact
    All Aberdeen teams should play 4-4-2
    Always

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast