+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool 22..02.20

We have indeed and its a little dull for everyone.

You missed one question (a simple yes/no type), I put a ? to help you out. I asked whether it was asking too much for me to want a manager at Notts for a full season , first game to last game?

Never mind.

Then you went on to not answer the other two. I asked for a number and a timescale. You waffled and answered with questions.

Unlike yourself I don't mind answering, so here goes

1. Unless the results are a complete and utter disaster and/or relegation is a threat , an absolute bare minimum of half a season. Assuming the appointment isn't a joke or an insult to supporters(i.e. Fullarton) then a season should be the minimum IMO.

2. No (see above) the Fullarton and Kimowya appointments didn't deserve half a season. Everyone else did.

See No Nuts wasn't hard.

We don't need to carry this on, my point is made. You made a statement that NA doesn't get the best out of his squad, and I agreed and reminded you that hardly any of the past 20 managers. So in essence it's a non story, nothing new for supporters.

This whole thread is about who should replace NA when he's sacked. He's not sacked yet but when he inevitably is , whenever that is, who do we want. It's the same thread we've seen literally dozens of times before because we are always changing managers. We've become accustomed to it, as if it's the norm to have 2 managers every season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    1. Unless the results are a complete and utter disaster and/or relegation is a threat , an absolute bare minimum of half a season. Assuming the appointment isn't a joke or an insult to supporters(i.e. Fullarton) then a season should be the minimum IMO.

2. No (see above) the Fullarton and Kimowya appointments didn't deserve half a season. Everyone else did.
    Wow! So now you are saying exactly what I was saying, namely that any timescale on the length of a managerial appointment is entirely dependent on the circumstances at the time and there is no specific answer!!!!

If I were you I'd point your gun upwards, because you are shooting yourself in the foot far too often!

1. Unless the results are a complete and utter disaster and/or relegation is a threat , an absolute bare minimum of half a season. .
    So Ardley should have been sacked before the end of last season then.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So Ardley should have been sacked before the end of last season then.
    No, wasn't his squad will be the excuse.

Elite I wonder if misinterpretation is your middle name. How can you misread so much, so often? I don't believe it's due to a lack of intellect , I think you do it on purpose just to start an argument on NCM. What a way to live out a retirement!

I gave a straight answer (Fullarton and Kiwomya aside) I would like to see a manager get a full season minimum. Does that sound too much to ask, one whole season?

Fullarton should never have been appointed by Trew, it was an insult to all the supporters so I wouldn't of given him a game let alone as many as he got. Kiwomya, not to the same extent was also a poor appointment from the off. However, bar these two I believe everyone else should of got a season.

There is your answer, I think you need to see a manager with a squad for one whole season to know whether he is getting the best out of the squad or not.

Upthemagies - As for Ardley, he shouldn't of been sacked , because we had already sacked 2 managers that season. Who on earth wanted us to have 4 managers in the same season? Especially after we had just finished in the play offs the season before. That's just crazy talk even for Notts, even for NCM.

I know me saying 3 and 1 full season , will blow your mind, actual answers to questions. Sit down, process it all, maybe try it yourself sometime.

This thread once again shows perfectly why 'No Nuts' is the perfect nickname for you. Ask a million questions, pick up on grammar and spelling errors yet never give a straight answer to a direct question yourself. What an internet life you lead.

It comes all the way back to your original statement , Ardley doesn't get the best from this squad. Hold the front page! Wow! The same failings as more than 3/4 of the previous 20 Notts managers. Nobody on here is going to claim he does. The fact a large number of the past 20 didn't have long enough to be judged really says it all. Most Notts managers don't have their own squads as they don't have long enough to generate them lol . Better to laugh than cry about that statement

It's nothing new at Notts, it's a non story. Yet you report it like he's the first manager to fail to maximise squad potential.

This thread once again shows perfectly why 'No Nuts' is the perfect nickname for you. Ask a million questions, pick up on grammar and spelling errors yet never give a straight answer to a direct question yourself. What an internet life you lead.
    I did give you a straight answer. I said "I don't think you can put a specific time limit on it due to the differing circumstances at the time". I can't see the point in putting a fixed term on something and blindly sticking to it if it becomes apparent the appointment is failing. Why prolong the agony? Your fixation with putting a specific number on things is a bit weird. I'm sure everyone will see that I gave a straight answer apart from you. For what it's worth, I wouldn't have sacked Nolan or Kewell last season at the stages they were given the boot, but I would have sacked Ardley once the final whistle was blown at Swindon.

It comes all the way back to your original statement , Ardley doesn't get the best from this squad. Hold the front page! Wow! The same failings as more than 3/4 of the previous 20 Notts managers. It's nothing new at Notts, it's a non story. Yet you report it like he's the first manager to fail to maximise squad potential.
    So because some other Notts managers haven't got the best from their squad, it's perfectly acceptable for Ardley to do the same! It might help if you think before you type in future.

Elite I wonder if misinterpretation is your middle name. How can you misread so much, so often? I don't believe it's due to a lack of intellect , I think you do it on purpose just to start an argument on NCM. What a way to live out a retirement!

I gave a straight answer (Fullarton and Kiwomya aside) I would like to see a manager get a full season minimum. Does that sound too much to ask, one whole season?

Fullarton should never have been appointed by Trew, it was an insult to all the supporters so I wouldn't of given him a game let alone as many as he got. Kiwomya, not to the same extent was also a poor appointment from the off. However, bar these two I believe everyone else should of got a season.

There is your answer, I think you need to see a manager with a squad for one whole season to know whether he is getting the best out of the squad or not.

Upthemagies - As for Ardley, he shouldn't of been sacked , because we had already sacked 2 managers that season. Who on earth wanted us to have 4 managers in the same season? Especially after we had just finished in the play offs the season before. That's just crazy talk even for Notts, even for NCM.

I know me saying 3 and 1 full season , will blow your mind, actual answers to questions. Sit down, process it all, maybe try it yourself sometime.

It comes all the way back to your original statement , Ardley doesn't get the best from this squad. Hold the front page! Wow! The same failings as more than 3/4 of the previous 20 Notts managers. Nobody on here is going to claim he does. The fact a large number of the past 20 didn't have long enough to be judged really says it all. Most Notts managers don't have their own squads as they don't have long enough to generate them lol . Better to laugh than cry about that statement

It's nothing new at Notts, it's a non story. Yet you report it like he's the first manager to fail to maximise squad potential.
    NA's problem was he was to negative and that negativity is what got us relegated
    He hasn't learnt any lessons from last season and continues to proceed with his safety first approach.
    He has learnt nothing in a year, that being the case I see no reason to continue with him.
    His negativity is a road to top ten mediocrity when we should be automatic for a play off place.
    There I've said it I think I'm one of the people NA was on about in his insperational post match interview after being played of the park,....again.!

I guess the outcome of last season proves you are correct.

Before Ardley came in, when under the management of Nolan and Kewell, we weren't defensive at all. In fact we were so unconcerned about defending we were conceding loads! I believe when Kewell got sacked in November we had conceded close to 40 goals! Commonly conceding 2 or 3 in games. Whoever came in had to concentrate on the defensive part of the game, at the cost of scoring goals as we all saw.

People may forget how embarrassingly sieve like we were. We ended up conceding 84 times that season, if it had carried on at the rate till November it would topped 100!

Elite it's not acceptable once again I never said that but it's common. Oh so common at Notts. We can all list plenty of past managers who struggle in this regard.

No wonder you want to continually sack managers every 4-5 months when the manager doesn't get the most out of the squad , just reach down the back of the sofa to find £2.53 to appoint a new one. It's that easy

Of course each firing and hiring , doesn't set the club back at all for the next season, or long term. No of course it doesn't , no disadvantage compared to teams that sack managers a little less frequently.

Keep those blinkers on No Nuts, and I'd suggest let your good lady look after the finances. You stick to arguing on NCM during your retirement years.

Before Ardley came in, when under the management of Nolan and Kewell, we weren't defensive at all. In fact we were so unconcerned about defending we were conceding loads! I believe when Kewell got sacked in November we had conceded close to 40 goals! Commonly conceding 2 or 3 in games. Whoever came in had to concentrate on the defensive part of the game, at the cost of scoring goals as we all saw.
    That's complete bollox. When Ardley came in we were in a strong position to avoid relegation. It didn't matter how many we conceded as long as we scored enough to gain the required number of points to stay up. Ardley failed miserably to gain those points. That isn't my opinion by the way, that is a fact.

No wonder you want to continually sack managers every 4-5 months when the manager doesn't get the most out of the squad
    This where your complete and utter stupidity is plain for all to see. I have repeatedly told you and everyone else on here that the only managers I wanted sacked out of the last 20 or so were McParland, Fullarton and Ardley. Just what part of that are you failing to understand? To any rational person (obviously that excludes you) it would be obvious that I don't want to continually sack managers every 4-5 months. I only want to sack managers who in my opinion offer no hope for the future, and Ardley is one of the three.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast