+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool 22..02.20

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... oh, and when hard work performs better than skill, skill has to work harder. It's down to attitude.
    Another classic few posts from the hoss. So seeing as the manager pretty much built this team and then play to his tactics, who is at fault for what you call a bad attitude?

So that contradicted itself along with your assertion that there are plenty of other good players in the league, there probably are but again why are we doing so badly compared to say Barrow?

For an Ardley fan you really like to point out how crap he is don't you.

Also the attitude won't be helped in the squad when it doesn't matter how badly or well you played, he will still pick the same players.
    Last edited by crazyfists; 23-02-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I didn't see many, if any fans (some may have lingered in the bar longer than others ) leaving at half time. We left on the final whistle so I don't know about Ardley coming over or not but I can assure you, I've sat watching Notts in colder dumps than that.
    If you had ventured to the pub 100 yards away from the ground at 4pm, you would have seen at least 40 in there.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Tip Tap rubbish. Ref indicates 4 mins injury time, we have the ball, we make 9 passes, keeper has 3 of those passes, and we didn't get the ball any further forward than Doyle, who passed it back to the "keeper". Loads of fans left at half time, it didn't take a lot of working out how that game was going.

Changing the subject some what, Ardley has lost any support / respect I had left, when he decided that the away fans weren't worth a brief visit and clap for travelling in that weather, and sitting in the coldest dump I have ever been.
    Ardley doesn't like Notts fans cause we expect him to win or at least play well. He knows he can't really do either and then turns on us after games saying it's cause we're Notts we think we'll walk the league, no it's because you're a supposed league quality manager and were trusted with probably the best budget in the league. He does not like Notts fans as he doesn't want to be criticised.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    If you had ventured to the pub 100 yards away from the ground at 4pm, you would have seen at least 40 in there.
    Well, I wouldn't venture anywhere during a game. However, I would say that there are at least 40 wiser Notts fans than me though.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Ardley doesn't like Notts fans cause we expect him to win or at least play well. He knows he can't really do either and then turns on us after games saying it's cause we're Notts we think we'll walk the league, no it's because you're a supposed league quality manager and were trusted with probably the best budget in the league. He does not like Notts fans as he doesn't want to be criticised.
    Like I said, we left on the final whistle yesterday but I must say that Ardley's always came over to us at previous away games we've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Like I said, we left on the final whistle yesterday but I must say that Ardley's always came over to us at previous away games we've been to.
    I think he'll appreciate the backing for the players and team but I can see lately he's not happy at still getting criticised when as he see's it he's doing a good job. It's creeping into his interviews and press conferences plus it's not the first time this season he's said we shouldn't expect to just win games etc. The most annoying thing is as a Notts fan and I'm sure a lot will agree, I am always HOPEFUL we'll win the game but in all my years of supporting them, I can't remember many occasions before this season when I thought we should definitely beat these no problem, we're notts and by in large we're crap and an anti-climax. I'd always look to see their danger players and be more worried about them than what we could do to the opposition ha ha.

Ardley thinks he is doing well and a lot of us think he's doing the minimum and not even that. The gulf between these two positions is always going to cause problems. He needs to keep winning, his performances do not help him.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think he'll appreciate the backing for the players and team but I can see lately he's not happy at still getting criticised when as he see's it he's doing a good job. It's creeping into his interviews and press conferences plus it's not the first time this season he's said we shouldn't expect to just win games etc. The most annoying thing is as a Notts fan and I'm sure a lot will agree, I am always HOPEFUL we'll win the game but in all my years of supporting them, I can't remember many occasions before this season when I thought we should definitely beat these no problem, we're notts and by in large we're crap and an anti-climax. I'd always look to see their danger players and be more worried about them than what we could do to the opposition ha ha.

Ardley thinks he is doing well and a lot of us think he's doing the minimum and not even that. The gulf between these two positions is always going to cause problems. He needs to keep winning, his performances do not help him.
    Yes, let's not overlook the performance yesterday. If his team had gone toe to toe with Pools, battled hard for the points and come away with nothing, you wouldn't be seeing anything like the same levels of criticism. Stall described it as the worst performance of the season (and it's come at a downturn and not in the middle of an otherwise decent run of results).

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes, let's not overlook the performance yesterday. If his team had gone toe to toe with Pools, battled hard for the points and come away with nothing, you wouldn't be seeing anything like the same levels of criticism. Stall described it as the worst performance of the season (and it's come at a downturn and not in the middle of an otherwise decent run of results).
    Far and away the worst performance of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I agree. They are in good form and have only lost to a few (mostly physical long-ball) teams at their place, so the chances of us winning were low, but to not even compete is inexcusable.

I desperately want Ardley to succeed, both because I want us to succeed regardless of who the manager is, but also for him because he seems like a good man, but my belief in him is all but gone.

I worry about the 'straight from the coaching manual' style of play, which has never to my mind been particularly fruitful in the lower leagues but could be ok if applied with more flexibility.

I worry about his motivational skills as a number of players are playing well under their potential on a regular basis.

I worry about the way he manages young players. Crawford was able to play regularly and even score goals for one of the best teams in the division last year, but somehow with another year under his belt he's nowhere near good enough for a team on the edge of the playoffs. Bird has always given a good account of himself and this could've been the ideal time for him to develop but the manager prefers to bring in u23s from other clubs rather than give him a run. Osborne wasn't good enough for the first team until he was selected through desperation and it turned out he was.

I worry that it's always jam tomorrow. At first it was get through the start of the season with new players and then we'll be ok once we've gelled. Then it was let's get the midweek games out the way and once we have time to work on patterns of play during the week we'll be ok. Then it was his training methods were designed for us to reach peak fitness in the run in and charge to glory, but instead they're dropping like flies.

Genuinely hope I'm wrong but I can't see NA being successful with us.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree. They are in good form and have only lost to a few (mostly physical long-ball) teams at their place, so the chances of us winning were low, but to not even compete is inexcusable.

I desperately want Ardley to succeed, both because I want us to succeed regardless of who the manager is, but also for him because he seems like a good man, but my belief in him is all but gone.

I worry about the 'straight from the coaching manual' style of play, which has never to my mind been particularly fruitful in the lower leagues but could be ok if applied with more flexibility.

I worry about his motivational skills as a number of players are playing well under their potential on a regular basis.

I worry about the way he manages young players. Crawford was able to play regularly and even score goals for one of the best teams in the division last year, but somehow with another year under his belt he's nowhere near good enough for a team on the edge of the playoffs. Bird has always given a good account of himself and this could've been the ideal time for him to develop but the manager prefers to bring in u23s from other clubs rather than give him a run. Osborne wasn't good enough for the first team until he was selected through desperation and it turned out he was.

I worry that it's always jam tomorrow. At first it was get through the start of the season with new players and then we'll be ok once we've gelled. Then it was let's get the midweek games out the way and once we have time to work on patterns of play during the week we'll be ok. Then it was his training methods were designed for us to reach peak fitness in the run in and charge to glory, but instead they're dropping like flies.

Genuinely hope I'm wrong but I can't see NA being successful with us.
    Good post Driller and sums up how I feel. I think we all WANT (sorry Laddo but not being angry ha ha) Ardley to do well, he's a good man and listening to his more in depth conferences, his respect for Notts County I admire. I think that's why he generates the anger he does because it's more disappointment because it's just an anti climax. I can't think of many games we've come out the blocks at kick off and really put it on inferior opposition, we sit back, give them too much respect then they realise if they lob it in the box we'll concede then it ends up being a close game. We should be on the front foot, never resting especially at home for the first 20 minutes every game, I bet we'd be 3 in front by half time more often than not if we did that.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast