+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Poor football in windy weather and a bumpy pitch.

But we stuck to it, and were looking for the 3 points all the way.

They missed 2 sitters, so did Smith, & Crooks hit the bar deep in injury time. Just about deserved it today.

Coventry huge amount of draws. Worse goal difference.
    Probably a draw Tuesday.

Had to battle hard today against bad conditions and an uncompromising side. Not at our best but got the required win. We need to not switch off when we score, that happens too often.
    We will go up because we have a lucky manager, a crazy substitution that ended up winning the game. I think we did well in the conditions sods law the wind dropped in the second half.
    Defensively we seem to be poor in windy conditions, Wood just can't judge it when it's windy. We were always going to make the possession pay but we need to make more of our chances, apart from Freddie we are shy of shooting,
    Iversen. Apart from the time in first half when he should have come out and collected, he did nothing wrong.
    Olosunde. MOM for me looked more solid in defence than he has been before and tremendous when going forward.
    Mattock. I wanted him back in but he wasn't great,
    Ihiekwe. Not his usual imperious self but did what he had to do.
    Wood. Poor game, couldn't judge the ball and looked under pressure. Let's hope all the gales have gone he can't handle them.
    Crooks. Played well and won some good ball, unlucky with the shot at the end.
    Barlaser. Played some nice balls, did get caught a couple of times but still a different player to earlier in the season.
    Ogbene. Good game again and caused loads of problems especially towards the end.
    Adelakun. Poor game didn't look interested, played poor last week and shouldn't have started.
    Smith. Did what Smith does.
    Vassell. Poor game today, gave the ball away too often.
    Subs:-
    Lapado. Now needs to start keeps on scoring.
    Wiles. I know he scored the winner, but really can anyone tell me why Warne brought him on.
    Karome. Looks good. Should have started instead of Adelekun.
    Happy with win, we deserved it, come on lads another win on Tuesday and the title is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Awaiting the resident expert gwru whatever his name is to put his twopeneth in I can almost hear him grinding his teeth because we’ve won another game No doubt will be on shortly with his patronising ramblings
    Not been so what can I say. Want us to go up automatic so want us to win. Game of the season at Coventry so far. Time to bring Lindsay in a midfield 3. I would.

Paul Davie tweeted, Medical ambulance has landed on the pitch at Accrington. Understand an #rufc fan has suffered a severe asthma attack.

Hope they pull through and have a speedy recovery,

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Had to battle hard today against bad conditions and an uncompromising side. Not at our best but got the required win. We need to not switch off when we score, that happens too often.
    We will go up because we have a lucky manager, a crazy substitution that ended up winning the game. I think we did well in the conditions sods law the wind dropped in the second half.
    Defensively we seem to be poor in windy conditions, Wood just can't judge it when it's windy. We were always going to make the possession pay but we need to make more of our chances, apart from Freddie we are shy of shooting,
    Iversen. Apart from the time in first half when he should have come out and collected, he did nothing wrong.
    Olosunde. MOM for me looked more solid in defence than he has been before and tremendous when going forward.
    Mattock. I wanted him back in but he wasn't great,
    Ihiekwe. Not his usual imperious self but did what he had to do.
    Wood. Poor game, couldn't judge the ball and looked under pressure. Let's hope all the gales have gone he can't handle them.
    Crooks. Played well and won some good ball, unlucky with the shot at the end.
    Barlaser. Played some nice balls, did get caught a couple of times but still a different player to earlier in the season.
    Ogbene. Good game again and caused loads of problems especially towards the end.
    Adelakun. Poor game didn't look interested, played poor last week and shouldn't have started.
    Smith. Did what Smith does.
    Vassell. Poor game today, gave the ball away too often.
    Subs:-
    Lapado. Now needs to start keeps on scoring.
    Wiles. I know he scored the winner, but really can anyone tell me why Warne brought him on.
    Karome. Looks good. Should have started instead of Adelekun.
    Happy with win, we deserved it, come on lads another win on Tuesday and the title is ours.
    Thanks for good post as usual Jake. I can only imagine that he wanted Vass and Fred as goal point with Wiles on left and less punting forward in last minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Thanks for good post as usual Jake. I can only imagine that he wanted Vass and Fred as goal point with Wiles on left and less punting forward in last minutes?
    Oggy had his worse game first half, improved second half needs that extra 5%

Fantastic substitution by Warne that.
    It’s all about winning and that’s what we’ve done.
    Brilliant away support as usual well apart from usual dickheads.
    I posted a while ago we won’t lose again all season and we won’t.

Wiles scores the winning goal after coming on, but apparently the manager is lucky !
    Another great win in difficult circumstances, well done lads.

Quote Originally Posted by kevthemaltbymiller View Post
    Paul Davie tweeted, Medical ambulance has landed on the pitch at Accrington. Understand an #rufc fan has suffered a severe asthma attack.

Hope they pull through and have a speedy recovery,
    Update from Facebook, Just heads up chap who had Asthma attack, medics got his heart started on way to hospital by ambulance, sure all our best wishes go out to him for a speedy recovery UTM

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast