+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's going all the way to game 46 and I suspect many millers can see it too .
    If it does it will mean we have lost in the playoff semis

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Too slow

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Too slow
    Oh aye keep forgetting about that .

Pedantic feckers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Sunderland are right in the mix now for automatic promotion .

The one thing that stands out looking at the league table tonight is that they have conceded the least number of goals in the league .

This is pretty significant in my opinion as it suggests when the pressure dial gets turned up in the last few weeks they maybe in a position to win games narrowly which is generally accepted as the blueprint for automatic promotion .

We will see of course , they bottled it last season mind you despite games in hand on ourselves .

I see Wycombe getting the play off place but still remain unconvinced on their automatic credentials .

My opinion is that it's between yourselves , Sunderland and Coventry for the two automatic spots .

A must not lose game against Coventry in the week for me .

The last game against Sunderland is already shaping up to be monumental to say the least .

It's going all the way to game 46 and I suspect many millers can see it too .
    away to coventry, wycombe and fleetwood.. some tough games to come.

Didn't cope with weather very well again although a bit better defending than last week. Another battling ugly win but will settle for that till the end of the season. Moms: barlaser, crookes

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I think it's worth mentioning that both our ex manager Mark Robins has done a tremendous job at Coventry City .

Overcome some massive adversity to have them where they are tonight .

They were the best side we saw at Oakwell last season other than possibly Donny Rovers and I thought given fair wind they'd be there or there abouts .

Some very very good young players who they've produced from their academy .

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Had to battle hard today against bad conditions and an uncompromising side. Not at our best but got the required win. We need to not switch off when we score, that happens too often.
    We will go up because we have a lucky manager, a crazy substitution that ended up winning the game. I think we did well in the conditions sods law the wind dropped in the second half.
    Defensively we seem to be poor in windy conditions, Wood just can't judge it when it's windy. We were always going to make the possession pay but we need to make more of our chances, apart from Freddie we are shy of shooting,
    Iversen. Apart from the time in first half when he should have come out and collected, he did nothing wrong.
    Olosunde. MOM for me looked more solid in defence than he has been before and tremendous when going forward.
    Mattock. I wanted him back in but he wasn't great,
    Ihiekwe. Not his usual imperious self but did what he had to do.
    Wood. Poor game, couldn't judge the ball and looked under pressure. Let's hope all the gales have gone he can't handle them.
    Crooks. Played well and won some good ball, unlucky with the shot at the end.
    Barlaser. Played some nice balls, did get caught a couple of times but still a different player to earlier in the season.
    Ogbene. Good game again and caused loads of problems especially towards the end.
    Adelakun. Poor game didn't look interested, played poor last week and shouldn't have started.
    Smith. Did what Smith does.
    Vassell. Poor game today, gave the ball away too often.
    Subs:-
    Lapado. Now needs to start keeps on scoring.
    Wiles. I know he scored the winner, but really can anyone tell me why Warne brought him on.
    Karome. Looks good. Should have started instead of Adelekun.
    Happy with win, we deserved it, come on lads another win on Tuesday and the title is ours.
    A good fair assessment Jake although I wouldn't describe the Ben Wiles substitution as surprising or "crazy"
    It's what was needed at the time. I'm guessing that BW was put on for his defensive duties to help Joe Mattock out and not for his goalscoring prowess. The winning goal was a bonus.

A scrappy game, some down to the awful conditions and some of it down to lack of concentration after we went 1-0 up. Make no mistake Accrington Stanley are a difficult team to play against.
    My MotM was Icky closely followed by Matt Olosunde. Considering Olly hasn't played for a short while he slotted straight back in at RB.
    A deserved win and 3 crucial points, keep them coming.
    Onwards to St Andrews Tuesday night.....can't wait, bring it on. Freddy Ladapo to start for this one imo.

Well done to the player's, staff and supporters.

....U.T.M......
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 22-02-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    They're all tough games cayton.

There are no gimme's in football. It's ours to lose and we're only playing at 75% of potential.
    Have a look at the subs bench for today. Most if not all would be first team starters for most League 1 clubs.
    What a position to be in, better to be top.....rather than bottom !!!

At this level Crooks is a key player... blocker , interceptor, scorer (ok , hit the bar today). Played well and a player our opponents fear!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast