+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Who would you replace him with?

It is irrelevant whether Flitcroft was a failure at Mansfield or not as we don’t support the Stags.

We have spent so long in league two over the last 20 years that it isn’t as straight forward as promotion or sack it is probably our level if honest.

Ardley has taken us out of the league I don’t care about Hardy he was not in the bottom two when he took the job so he failed as we got worse under him and that is a fact.

This season he is being given a very easy ride due to the takeover at the start of the season but he has one of the better squads in this division and he has been totally backed by both Hardy/Reedz in the transfer market it really is for me promotion or sack.

The risk to keeping him is we will lose fans as his negative style and his dour personality is poor from a marketing point of view and if we don’t get off to a good start things will get toxic we could find ourselves in the same boat as Wrexham/Chesterfield who have been fighting the drop from the start.

Re Flitcroft being a failure or not at Mansfield, it depends how you frame it. From the owners point of view, yes - he failed to achieve what they brought him in to do, but from an outsider's point of view getting Mansfield into the L2 play offs (one game away from auto) suggests he did a decent job given their record over the last decade or so. Ditto Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why? Someone posted last week that our record away to the higher teams is good. We are in a play-off place with a game in hand.

I just hope that the players don't think like you - or we may as well give up now!
    Amen.

Could it be that despite what they say publicly, they players just don't believe in Mr. Nice Guy Neal?

His swapping of players for no obvious reason, young players never given more than two consecutive games then inexplicably dropped, favoured players who have been injured or banned get an immediate recall, his allowing of players to depart on loan coupled with bringing in others with little competitive experience, him saying earlier in the season we have too many players - and now look! More unproven players than you can shake a stick at. Perhaps he's building for the future - HA!

He's had over a year to practice his excuses but they are now as limp as a vicar's handshake. In my opinion the players have no confidence in his managerial ability, if they did they would play with more enthusiasm, more attitude and think "this manager knows what he's doing - let's go for it". Occasionally their natural ability shows and we see a very good team playing as a team but these games you can count on one finger. Too often we see a display like that one last Saturday, woe is me.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why? Someone posted last week that our record away to the higher teams is good. We are in a play-off place with a game in hand.

I just hope that the players don't think like you - or we may as well give up now!
    Thankfully I’m not a player, so it doesn’t really matter what I think.

We’re hanging on to a playoff place largely on the basis that we’ve played a few more home games than away. That will be corrected fairly soon. This is the least convincing promotion push since our last one.

If you were a gambling man, would you put much on us going up?

No I wouldn't. I don't think many if any are confident of promotion this season.

I never expected it, but foolishly put money on Yeovil to win the league. They are hardly doing much better currently and have been finding it a real slog recently.

Might aswell just get behind him til the end of the season no point in any of this talk its ridiculous. Plenty of important players have been injured or banned. Both sides have valid points we are where we are I'm sure the owners will act if we don't finish in the play offs. I cant even be bothered to think of a replacement look what's happening to Mansfield lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Why are you counting 14 games? We’ve got 21 points from the last 15, which is bang average mid table form. Not losing games is one thing, we’re not winning enough.

We might be ‘in contention’ but anyone who thinks we’ve got any chance of going up is dreaming.
    I beg to differ about dreaming. We will make the play offs thats not a dream, that puts us in the frame to go up ....not a dream
    We have beaten both Boreham and Harogate at their end aswell as Halifax and Yeovil ......not a dream
    Pull yourself together chap of course we have a chance of going up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I beg to differ about dreaming. We will make the play offs thats not a dream, that puts us in the frame to go up ....not a dream
    We have beaten both Boreham and Harogate at their end aswell as Halifax and Yeovil ......not a dream
    Pull yourself together chap of course we have a chance of going up!!!
    That's the spirit!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112