+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robbed!!

Robbed!!

Excellent performance today by everyone, well done! Actually proud of the lads today, I thought we where very good, against a decent team who really came at us, especially 2nd half when that wind played a big factor. We could've easily wilted like we have numerous times before. But the only way they got a point at home was a complete freak shot that normally goes in row Z flew in the top corner. Giving them a massive lifeline. The ref then handed them a really weak one which I felt he was conned. Their guy was already falling looking for it. You felt the ref was giving it, mainly down to the fact he'd given us one.
    Ours the defender and Raya dragged Buckley down and the ball was still live. It was actually a mistake by Raya after a decent save. Not looking at this through rose tinted glasses, I honestly felt theirs was a soft one. Johnson barely made contact and the player was falling into him ....and ball was going out of play.
    Armstrong was really good again, he is just on fire. Probably one of the most inform players at this level currently. I'll take his 2 goals everyday......but I did feel he had to put that one away one on one with Raya (take it round him!!) to get his hat trick and put us 2-3 up.
    That said, Walton (who was good & steady again) made a great save from Benrama just after.
    Fair result overall, a very useful away point to take into 2 winnable home games. The performance was strong today, ok we didnt end up in those play off places today after a win, but I feel thats coming. And we have hit solid form at the right time. We have nothing to be scared of playing and matching a side like them, who are admittedly one of the best sides in the division. We could be playing them in the play offs and should have nothing to fear.

Nothing to add to that, perfect summary..

Preston's next 2 games, both away. WBA midweek followed by Fulham away. They will do well to get anything from those games, and hopefully we carry on playing like we are.

The biggest let-down for me in NZ was bloody Sky TV! I was away for five days, so I set the match to record before I left. I then went through all kinds of contortions to avoid the football results.
    I got home a couple of hours ago, only to find that Sky had done one of its regulars classics, and - presumably - switched the game to a different channel. (A rugby match I'd set to record was also missing).
    I had to settle for a two-minutes highlight package.
    Happy with a point, but surely straight maximums from all the judges for the Brentford dive.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)