+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bingham

Thought he did well enough, seems to be a little unfit. He's not keen to 'beat a man' but instead acts like a pivot for others to play around. Most of his passing was crisp and accurate.

A little off topic but thought Pawlett was bang average again. when he gave the ball away to set up the thistle attack early in first half he just let it go, no chasing back. He made some lovely looking 'mazes' runs which came to absolutely nothing.

He has the look of somebody who prefers to play in a more central role, however if he can provide the assists that 'marquee' signings such as Pawlett and Sow have spectacularly failed to deliver, then he is a good addition. On Friday's evidence I liked what I saw.

The bottom line is: lets get out of this league!

I like him, and as said has already done more than Sow!

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    id need to watch it back but thought he started well then went really off it until his 2nd assist, kind of like the whole team to be fair. Over the 90 thot he was ok but what I really liked about him was he has a lot of composure with the ball at his feet and options to make. I think someone making lampard style runs from midfield would love the types of cut back passes to the edge of the box he was making but i dont really see us having someone prolific enough at finishing to really capatalise every week... maybe Glass if played central, or Harkes if he gets practising his shooting?
    Someone like Stanton? Oh wait......

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Someone like Stanton? Oh wait......
    No way Stanton was going to be good enough for the Premiership, hence why he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    No way Stanton was going to be good enough for the Premiership, hence why he's gone.
    Ye I agree, far too inconsistent.

Yeah I get that, doesn't mean he wouldn't have been handy now we finally look like having someone who can actually find a Utd shirt with a cross. Three goals in five starts before he left. But yeah, was more of a tongue in cheek comment in that we had a central midfielder capable of scoring and now we don't.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 23-02-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Looked disinterested for most of the game

hand in both goals yeah

but nothing else , scared to take on a player

willing to give him time though - it's a need to do better

I’m in agreement. Stanton played a lot of matches for United. Had chance to be big player but never really made the big impression needed. Had some bad games (two matches v Ayr) and some good games (goals in play off and v Arbroath)

Overall terry absolutely right - with an eye on next season moving him on was fair

Quote Originally Posted by Chips_OToole View Post
    Looked disinterested for most of the game

hand in both goals yeah

but nothing else , scared to take on a player

willing to give him time though - it's a need to do better

I'm not sure that I agree with the first observation? I will pay more attention in future.

'Scared to take on a player?' This appeared to be very obvious to myself at least. In fact it looked as though that was the last thing he was going to do? Mind you, that could have resulted in his two great assists?

Certainly more playing contribution. We need players who can get past defenders. Players who can get a stubborn well organised defence to do a 180 and be facing their own goal. That's when things are likelier to happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)