+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well......

Well......

Ardley can't blame the ref(easily the best I've seen this season )for that. Brindley, Rose, Doyle, Enzio ( what the fcuk does he have to do to get substituted ) and OB were all tosh. At half time I didn't think it could get much worse, how wrong I was with Ardley's tactical mastersroke in replacing the Menace. We had the wind in the 2nd half but our manager decided to go for the more toothless approach! Talking to a Hartlepool fan after the game and he couldn't believe how "cr@p" we were. Told him 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered them....7 or 8 he replied.

ps...match ratings anyone ?

I’ve just read a Hartlepool fan elsewhere say we ‘were easily the worst team I’ve seen all season’.

High praise indeed.

I'd say plenty of fans have that opinion on Notts

And some of them are notts fans....!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Ardley can't blame the ref(easily the best I've seen this season )for that. Brindley, Rose, Doyle, Enzio ( what the fcuk does he have to do to get substituted ) and OB were all tosh. At half time I didn't think it could get much worse, how wrong I was with Ardley's tactical mastersroke in replacing the Menace. We had the wind in the 2nd half but our manager decided to go for the more toothless approach! Talking to a Hartlepool fan after the game and he couldn't believe how "cr@p" we were. Told him 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered them....7 or 8 he replied.

ps...match ratings anyone ?
    Full respect for making the trip, I used to do it every other weekend throughout the 70s. I think I missed three games in a whole decade, but it was easy back then because we had a good team and a legendary manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Full respect for making the trip, I used to do it every other weekend throughout the 70s. I think I missed three games in a whole decade, but it was easy back then because we had a good team and a legendary manager.
    There were 421 others there today including my lad.

But the foot long Hot dogs were nice...

I've just said on another thread the the one thing that can't be blamed for our current position is the supporters. Some were predicting home crowds of 2,000 if we dropped to non-league, but I knew as a fanbase we were stronger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've just said on another thread the the one thing that can't be blamed for our current position is the supporters. Some were predicting home crowds of 2,000 if we dropped to non-league, but I knew as a fanbase we were stronger than that.
    My lad plays Saturday mornings or we would go to more away games. When he became ( no pressure from me ) a Notts fan it was like rediscovering Christmas.

ps. I just wish his grandad was still around.
    Last edited by navypie; 22-02-2020 at 09:54 PM.