+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love VAR.

Smile I love VAR.

VAR works for me!

Two definite handballs, what's the phooking problem?

By the way, Rodriguez and Vydra look a proper handful!

VAR. I love it. The new VAR that is. Vydra and Rodriguez. The other VAR is still rubbish even if it did work to our advantage today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VAR works for me!
    and the Cook handball - BT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    and the Cook handball - BT ?

How the phook was that not a penalty Norder? Beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How the phook was that not a penalty Norder? Beyond me!

try this - BT .

I think the rule is if the referee sees it and decides against it the decision is not referred to VAR.

Cook having misread the ball literally swooshed his hand at the ball and totally diverted it, but Dean didn't see it..?

Attachment 15042

Maybe this weekend was the tipping point for VAR, the ludicrous Lo Celso decision at Stamford Bridge, followed by an admission that the VAR muppet had got it wrong, has resulted in such derision and scorn that surely they will have to do something to about this farce now.

Or maybe they won't, maybe they'll just ride this latest storm out and the pantomime will run and run

Not only have they introduced VAR but they have changed the laws of the game to accommodate it.

The handball rule is plain barmy.

If the ball so much as brushes an attackers arm in the build up to a goal then the goal is automatically ruled out. No ifs or buts, it can be totally accidental and not change the trajectory of the ball at all but it is NOT allowed.

Yet a defender is allowed much more licence. The Cook handball for instance. Kevin De Bruyne was standing in a wall waiting for a free kick and raised his arms to defend his face. The ball struck his hands but, apparently, that is OK for a defender. There were several more similar incidents yesterday.

The offside rule is beyond a joke. Nowadays players must cut their toenails very short to avoid being offside, such is the margins that are being ruled on.

I never wanted it to come in but if they do use it then it should be for blatant mistakes only.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Not only have they introduced VAR but they have changed the laws of the game to accommodate it.

The handball rule is plain barmy.

If the ball so much as brushes an attackers arm in the build up to a goal then the goal is automatically ruled out. No ifs or buts, it can be totally accidental and not change the trajectory of the ball at all but it is NOT allowed.

Yet a defender is allowed much more licence. The Cook handball for instance. Kevin De Bruyne was standing in a wall waiting for a free kick and raised his arms to defend his face. The ball struck his hands but, apparently, that is OK for a defender. There were several more similar incidents yesterday.

The offside rule is beyond a joke. Nowadays players must cut their toenails very short to avoid being offside, such is the margins that are being ruled on.

I never wanted it to come in but if they do use it then it should be for blatant mistakes only.
    Just get used to it and accept that it is the future of football.
    No doubt they will be bringing in technological geeks to operate VAR. It will not matter that they do not know The Laws of the Game because they will just be judging something they see on their monitor in response to a request from the match official.
    They will give their opinion, purely from a technological point of view and the decision will be adhered to or changed and we will be told that this is the 100% correct decision and everyone will be happy because perfection in football will have been achieved.

What a load of bull****! Sadly, that is the way it is going!

Strangely for us we seem to be coming out on the right end of VAR. I love VAR!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)