+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: nottm forest v qpr

nottm forest v qpr

Watching EFL highlights on quest I've just seen what I believe is the most ridiculous cancelled goal ever.
    Today, gales were blowing and as we saw at the hawthorns recently it can be difficult to keep the ball still when taking a corner. If the ball moves it is absolutely no advantage to the corner taker. Forest have a corner and as usual the corner taker places it on the edge of the quadrant, no problem there. As he runs to take it, the ball runs backwards into the quadrant towards the flag. He is still able to cross the ball and they score. They then disallow the goal as the ball was moving. Shocking, absolutely shocking.

I said this to my son but he says a “dead ball” situation is exactly that.......it has to be stationary at the point it’s kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Watching EFL highlights on quest I've just seen what I believe is the most ridiculous cancelled goal ever.
    Today, gales were blowing and as we saw at the hawthorns recently it can be difficult to keep the ball still when taking a corner. If the ball moves it is absolutely no advantage to the corner taker. Forest have a corner and as usual the corner taker places it on the edge of the quadrant, no problem there. As he runs to take it, the ball runs backwards into the quadrant towards the flag. He is still able to cross the ball and they score. They then disallow the goal as the ball was moving. Shocking, absolutely shocking.
    What's shocking about it?

It's the rules and they were also applied to our games at Millwall and against Forest recently. You cannot pick when you do and don't apply the rules.

Did they retake the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    You cannot pick when you do and don't apply the rules.
    👍
    Probably one of the best answers in a post I have read on here...

In the cold light of day, it was the correct decision however its cruel as no advantage would be gained by the kicker, the opposite in fact.
    The ball was initially made stationary before the kick, it just happened to blow in the wind, albeit backwards.

In recent times the rule for the ball having to be stationary for the keeper to kick have been removed such that the keeper can just roll it into his six yard box and kick it whilst its still moving.

In recent times the rule for the ball having to be stationary for the keeper to kick have been removed such that the keeper can just roll it into his six yard box and kick it whilst its still moving.
    I think if I were to sit down and read the modern rules of playing football and not been told what I was reading about.....I don't think I would properly identify the game as football, as played today....
    Pretty alien to me at the moment....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)