+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does SD do it?

I watched the whole game and Bournemouth can consider themselves unlucky as they missed a couple of sitters and Popeye made made two great reaction saves..Burnley played well on attack though and could have scored a hat full. I wasn't impressed with our usually strong defence as we left far too many Bournemouth players unmarked..All in all though we played some good stuff at times and got the win we deserved.. Don't forget I don't watch the game through claret and blue tinted glasses like BT does..

No I would not sinkov!
    Swirling wind into the Jimmy Mc end particularly in the first half made play very difficult.
    Vydra should have had a hat-trick.
    Jay Rod too.
    McNeil struck the inside of the post.
    Cook should have been sent off for deliberate handball and a penalty awarded (you saw that did you?)
    The two VAR decisions were spot on and we don't make the rules!
    I could count on one hand how many "long balls" we played.
    Finally, the Cherries goalkeeper had a blinder and made half a dozen first class saves, two of them "Worldies".
    Oh! and I forgot, the passing and slide balls played under atrocious conditions by us were top class.
    One pundit on SKY this morning said there is a dark horse coming up on the rails for a Champion's League spot. That's us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No I would not sinkov!
    Swirling wind into the Jimmy Mc end particularly in the first half made play very difficult.
    Jay Rod too.
    Cook should have been sent off for deliberate handball and a penalty awarded (you saw that did you?)
    Finally, the Cherries goalkeeper had a blinder and made half a dozen first class saves, two of them "Worldies".
    Oh! and I forgot, the passing and slide balls played under atrocious conditions by us were top class.
    One pundit on SKY this morning said there is a dark horse coming up on the rails for a Champion's League spot. That's us!
    Most of that was the case BT. Yes the wind was awful throughout the game and I thought that the game was decent in spite of that.
    We were excellent up front and should have scored morebut their keeper made some excellent saves ---as did Pope in the first half.
    Under modern interpretation, Cook's 'handball' came about because the ball hit his body first, therefore, not classed as handball, therefore, no penalty and certainly not worthy of even a caution.
    VAR decisions were correct, in spite of everything players and pundits are saying. The ball his the forearm of Billing and he deflected to give a goalscoring opportunity which, under the modern interpretation, means the goal is disallowed.
    Likewise with the penalty decision. The ball hits his forearm with his arm extended and, like it or like it not, under modern interpretation that is a penalty. What the AR on the Bob Lord side was doing I just don't know because he missed 4 clear offside decisions in the first half and then missed the handball which was very close to him!
    I laughed at Billing anyway because he obviously doesn't know what a shoulder is because he barged Westwood down with a charge in the back in the second half and was penaliised and tried to tell MIke Dean that it was shoulder to shoulder!

VAR apart ---and I so wish that the game was being played without this monstrosity ---we should have won by 6-2 but I will settle for the 3-0 and Eddie bemoaning everything! He should be grateful ---as least it didn't rain!

No I would not sinkov!
    Jay Rod too.
    That we could, maybe should, have ended up scoring 5/6 or more I don't dispute BT, but I notice you make no mention of the defensive failings I pointed out, which on another day could have been catastrophic for us. Just because you get off your arse and go to watch the games, which I do not, does not mean you have to watch those games through claret-coloured glasses.

No I would not sinkov!
    Jay Rod too.
    We've proved ourselves a very good Brexit model when last in Europe which seemed to follow closely our FA cup ambitions.

No; please no Europe this year-and that's a very good reason to back-off in our points total if we are getting too close to a Europa spot.

We simply can't compete with a very small squad.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    We've proved ourselves a very good Brexit model when last in Europe which seemed to follow closely our FA cup ambitions.

No; please no Europe this year-and that's a very good reason to back-off in our points total if we are getting too close to a Europa spot.

We simply can't compete with a very small squad.
    Perhaps European qualification this time, might just encourage our rather parsimonious Board of Directors to bolster the squad?

Perhaps European qualification this time, might just encourage our rather parsimonious Board of Directors to bolster the squad?
    That's on a par BT with Jo Swinson's conviction that she was going to be the next PM. And has about as much chance of coming to fruition. Do you really think they're going to splash the cash, when after one trip to Bori Batisov it could be all over. Dream on mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's on a par BT with Jo Swinson's conviction that she was going to be the next PM. And has about as much chance of coming to fruition. Do you really think they're going to splash the cash, when after one trip to Bori Batisov it could be all over. Dream on mon ami.
    Where the phook is Bori Batisov?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)