+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry,next stop.

Things could very much change again at the weekend. A fixture which seems to be going under the radar is Coventry vs Sunderland on Sunday. That's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Going to be game of the season on Tuesday a win means top a loss can mean play offs.

All or nothing

On a side note if Coventry go up what ground will they play at?
    No such thing as all or nothing yet..

Just watched their win at Rochdale, nice of the Rochdale goalie to gift them 2 goals, and if we think we switched off after scoring at Accrington, Coventry conceded 8 seconds after the kickoff when they'd gone 2-0 up. Nothing to fear Tuesday.

Also watched their 1987 FA Cup win over Spurs. What a game that was, some great goals, crunching tackles, back in the day when the FA Cup Final was an occasion and winning it seemed to mean a lot more than it does today.

They beat Leeds 3-2 in the semi at Hillsborough. Frightening to see the Leeds fans crammed and caged in Leppings Lane just 2 years before the disaster there.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 23-02-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    We shall see at end of season
    Exactly. We will see at the end of the season.

Time to toughen it up no more weak links. Lindsay in for Adelakun in a midfield 3. I would go 4-5-1 Koroma on the left Smith lone forward. I'm not bothered what Ladapo gestures or thinks.

A game I’d love us to win
    They have a game in hand which I think they’ll lose so we need to make sure we bag the three points Tuesday to give us a pull way

Only change I’d like to see Warney make is Adelakun for either Vassell or Koroma
    I’d like to change keeper but that’s a no no I suppose unless we have the confidence in Price (I do)
    Last edited by millertop; 23-02-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    A game I’d love us to win
    They have a game in hand which I think they’ll lose so we need to make sure we bag the three points Tuesday to give us a pull way

Only change I’d like to see Warney make is Adelakun for either Vassell or Koroma
    I’d like to change keeper but that’s a no no I suppose unless we have the confidence in Price (I do)
    Can't go back to playing 3 strikers. Need battlers in the side from now. Need Lindsay to get foot in from midfield. Koroma could be time to bring him in on the left link with Smith up front.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Time to toughen it up no more weak links. Lindsay in for Adelakun in a midfield 3. I would go 4-5-1 Koroma on the left Smith lone forward. I'm not bothered what Ladapo gestures or thinks.
    Sustems are largely irrelevant. Its roles you ask of players for periods in games. When you play a system (say 4-5-1) its your shape defensively. You can easily do it from a 442 by dropping a forward back which we do for periods in most games.

It's just one match of twelve left. 36 points so it's not a disaster if we lose.
    Two teams get auto promo so it,s not just about what Cov do because there's another spot up for grabs and finishing top is just a nice to have moment.

Fair play to Cov though and Mr Bobbins. They,ve effectively played all of their games away from home and their fans have to travel which isn't easy for night matches.
    Although we're top of the away league table it's really them.
    We,re top of the table that really matters though

A lot of experts were saying fury fight was too close to call when it was obv from the first fight a unfit fury took wilder apart. Just like Tuesday. We are a better footballing team than Coventry,. We score from all over the pitch. We have been playing well and will be to strong for them. 1.3 to the millers..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast