+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Congratulations Tyson Fury

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Would you lick a complete strangers blood? Then again this is Tyson Fury were talking about. There will be a film about him & what he went through. He was in his car on his way to ram it & at the last minute changed his mind. Now look where he is. Was 28st at that time
    Only if I was from Transylvania.

First time round I couldn't stand the man, he seemed like an out of control idiot but finding out about his mental problems and the way he's come back I now have changed my opinion.
    He is a class boxer and I think he will have far to much skill and experience for AJ.

According to Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury didn't hurt him at all and the reason he lost was that his legs were worn out by the 40lb costume he wore on his ring-walk to celebrate Black History Month.

Surely the first boxer in history to be beaten by his fashion designer?

As somebody who has studied the inner ear mechanisms in some depth, I can categorically say that once he caught Wilder in the ear it was all over. Blood was gushing out and his balance went. One of the most important skills as a boxer is to have great balance....especially when you're a heavyweight and facing Fury. Trust me, that ear shot ended it (even though it was an accident).

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    As somebody who has studied the inner ear mechanisms in some depth, I can categorically say that once he caught Wilder in the ear it was all over. Blood was gushing out and his balance went. One of the most important skills as a boxer is to have great balance....especially when you're a heavyweight and facing Fury. Trust me, that ear shot ended it (even though it was an accident).
    Absolutely. It was the knock down punch in round 3 that did the damage, right on the lughole. Wilder was wobbly from then on. It did look more of balance issue than a straight concussion issue. He could quite legitimately have put his defeat down to the ear damage and played it down as something of a freak occurrence, but trying to claim he was knackered by his walk-on gear makes him look foolish. I like Wilder as a guy and I respected the bravery he showed in not quitting, but he's done his credibility no favours with these post-match comments. It's also disrespectful to Fury who was clearly the better man on the night irrespective of the circumstances of the stoppage. Unless fury takes the rematch lightly - which is always a risk - he'll beat Wilder again.
    Last edited by jackal2; 25-02-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Absolutely. It was the knock down punch in round 3 that did the damage, right on the lughole. Wilder was wobbly from then on. It did look more of balance issue than a straight concussion issue. He could quite legitimately have put his defeat down to the ear damage and played it down as something of a freak occurrence, but trying to claim he was knackered by his walk-on gear makes him look foolish. I like Wilder as a guy and I respected the bravery he showed in not quitting, but he's done his credibility no favours with these post-match comments. It's also disrespectful to Fury who was clearly the better man on the night irrespective of the circumstances of the stoppage. Unless fury takes the rematch lightly - which is always a risk - he'll beat Wilder again.
    Totally a balance issue. It was like somebody fighting Fury after having 9 pints outside the Dog and Duck (dreamland for Fury, he's been there and done that). Wilder was staggering about trying to find his balance from then on.

Fun fact: My friend from Urmston who was brought up on the same Gypsy camp as Fury fought him when he was younger ....and lost.

Nothing to do with any of the above. Wilder lost because his suit was too heavy, apparently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12