+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Congratulations Tyson Fury

OT: Congratulations Tyson Fury

Looked all but finished 2 years ago. 28st, depression and drug addiction in 2017 and now a heavyweight champion in 2020. Wasn't always his biggest fan but it certainly a great comeback and achievement. Frank Warren says it's the biggest comeback ever in sport. Not sure I'd go that far but it's certainly up there.

Great performance from the Gypsy King.

Whatever your views on the guy, there's no denying he's fought his way from the depths back to the summit.

Notts could learn a thing or two from him about comebacks.

What's the secret?
    1. Work hard
    2. Change your trainer
    3. Have a plan

The Magpies would do well to follow this route.

A phenomenal performance from Tyson Fury, and justice, because he won the first fight too. It took me a long time to realise just how good Fury is as a fighter, not to mention the problems he has overcome outside the ring.

I also give credit to Deontay Wilder because I think he's a good guy who has already proven he's much better than some people gave him credit for, but he lost bravely last night to an exceptional talent.

Just watched the fight and Fury gave him a boxing education it was a schooling.

He won the first fight as well after spending 3 years on booze/drugs if Wilder couldnt beat that version he wasnt beating this one.

Wilder has not beaten one prime boxer on his record he has fought bums all through his career.

He has a big right hand and a big heart but skill wise he is terrible and that is why he has stayed away from the top 10 he is cashing out now.

AJ v Fury HAS to happen now all 4 belts on the line and imo the best 2 heavyweights on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Looked all but finished 2 years ago. 28st, depression and drug addiction in 2017 and now a heavyweight champion in 2020. Wasn't always his biggest fan but it certainly a great comeback and achievement. Frank Warren says it's the biggest comeback ever in sport. Not sure I'd go that far but it's certainly up there.
    Not a fan of boxing in the slightest..........I am a big fan of those who overcome such adversity however.

Is taking a moment to stick your tongue out and lick some blood from your opponent a first in a title fight?

I believe it is. Savage and comical, love it.

So pleased for him, stunning performance , stunning result. He said he was going to do something, and did it, on the biggest of stages.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Is taking a moment to stick your tongue out and lick some blood from your opponent a first in a title fight?
    I watched it on an American stream and it didnt look like he licked any blood off Wilder at the end of the 6th round.

He was talking to him though at that point trying to wind him up no doubt he did stick his tongue out but not sure it touched his skin.

Would you lick a complete strangers blood? Then again this is Tyson Fury were talking about. There will be a film about him & what he went through. He was in his car on his way to ram it & at the last minute changed his mind. Now look where he is. Was 28st at that time

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not a fan of boxing in the slightest..........I am a big fan of those who overcome such adversity however.
    That is how I feel.

Can't agree that deliberately setting out to hurt someone is sport, but credit to him to come back as he has from adversity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast