+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mason Bennett....

Mason Bennett....

An update on the lad since he joined the Lions on loan. Soon after he arrived he took a knock, However did a full weeks training and was brought on for the last 20 mins up at the DW, I thought he played quite well, he has some tricks, made us 2 corners and took a shot which went into the side netting, Overall pretty good. MadAmster replied to your request on the other thread.

Hi Claw

Hope you are well my friend? I bet it's a bit blustery down on the south Wales coast at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Hi Claw

Hope you are well my friend? I bet it's a bit blustery down on the south Wales coast at the moment?
    Hi Rammy, yes it's well windy down here, I left London to be near the sea, can't beat watching those waves smash onto the rocks. Not something you see near Tower Bridge. I started this thread because MadAmster wanted to know how Bennett was doing.

Hope he's been ok for you? Personally I think he's been a bit of a disappointment, after the pub fiasco and the fact that he made such a promising start as a 16 year old. Anyway I hope he does well for you

See you soon hopefully

Hope he's been ok for you? Personally I think he's been a bit of a disappointment, after the pub fiasco and the fact that he made such a promising start as a 16 year old. Anyway I hope he does well for you

See you soon hopefully
    He might even come back OTR, he is, after all, there on loan and has had a new contract offer from DCFC.............

...... 15 and 99 days on his debut.

He's not good enough in my opinion from what I've seen of him

He's not good enough in my opinion from what I've seen of him
    Talent not (yet?) come to fruition due to too many enforced breaks due to injury. That has, IMO, greatly hampered his development. Not become the player he could have been. I said at the start of the season that this was make or breal for him this time round. Another injury has scuppered his season and now a chance on loan to get more games under his belt. Prior to last season's 30 odd appearances, his previous best in a season was 16 on loan at Burton. When you are only playing 16 games a season at most and those being in 2 or 3 short bursts due to injuries it is going to affect your growth as a player. I hope he has a good end to the season at the Wall and then goes there (or stays here) and has a run of injury free seasons. That, however, is unlikely as his game is based on power and pace (as was Michael Owen's and, no I'm not saying he's anything like the player MO was) and like Owen, he suffers from injuries related to his playing style.

If he can realise his potential, and its' probably too late now, I'd be happy to have him stay. Whatever happens I hope he can get a few seasons of injury free football wherever he happens to be playing.

Over the past 8 or 9 seasons, a plethora of DCFC managers have seen enough in him to either keep him on or offer him a new contract. Did they all get it so very wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Talent not (yet?) come to fruition due to too many enforced breaks due to injury. That has, IMO, greatly hampered his development. Not become the player he could have been. I said at the start of the season that this was make or breal for him this time round. Another injury has scuppered his season and now a chance on loan to get more games under his belt. Prior to last season's 30 odd appearances, his previous best in a season was 16 on loan at Burton. When you are only playing 16 games a season at most and those being in 2 or 3 short bursts due to injuries it is going to affect your growth as a player. I hope he has a good end to the season at the Wall and then goes there (or stays here) and has a run of injury free seasons. That, however, is unlikely as his game is based on power and pace (as was Michael Owen's and, no I'm not saying he's anything like the player MO was) and like Owen, he suffers from injuries related to his playing style.

If he can realise his potential, and its' probably too late now, I'd be happy to have him stay. Whatever happens I hope he can get a few seasons of injury free football wherever he happens to be playing.

Over the past 8 or 9 seasons, a plethora of DCFC managers have seen enough in him to either keep him on or offer him a new contract. Did they all get it so very wrong?
    Yes.

If we'd bought this guy from Luton, nobody would bat an eyelid, nor care less if we got rid of him. But being a local lad, and making an early breakthrough (which shows how desperate we were back then!), makes people want him to be good. He's a professional footballer, plying his trade in the Championship - I'd say he's hit his potential (that's nothing to be ashamed of), and will be a journeyman for the next few years.

What makes a good footballer is consistency, something Mason has not got. One decent game in a dozen is a very poor standard!.
    He can go on a free for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    What makes a good footballer is consistency
    Hmmm...Claude was certainly consistent...consistently crap!

Do tend to agree with you, Adi and OTR about Bennett though. Great expectations but an equal number of disappointments and a bit of a ‘sick note’ to boot. Pity...would have liked to see him do well...doubt it’ll happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)