+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games off in Italy due to Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    This is a virus created by the Chinese as part of there germ warfare programme...
    Heard that one, find it hard to believe, the same as the Bat sheiting on a Snake. You couldn't trust the Chinese. When they confirmed Cotonavirus, they said it wasn't bad & they had it under control. Only when the West started to report on it, the numbers started to rise drastically.
    The Dr that tried to report it died from it(or did he) was told to shut his mouth by the Police.
    There is a book out, will get its title (Dark days or something) it mentions this Covid 19,Wuhan & 2020. Written in 1981. Don't know if its fake or not.

The book is called The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Kultz

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It's Dean Koontz, read many of his books years ago, they were quite enjoyable. He mentions Wuhan-400 as a virus in that book.

Just found this on the Gaurdian (sorry) website which explains a bit more https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ead-of-disease

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It's Dean Koontz, read many of his books years ago, they were quite enjoyable. He mentions Wuhan-400 as a virus in that book.
    Don't know why I spelt the surname wrong. I know nothing about him apart from what I posted. Strange that the media have said nothing about it, as far as I'm aware.

Don't know why I spelt the surname wrong. I know nothing about him apart from what I posted. Strange that the media have said nothing about it, as far as I'm aware.
    I think it's just a little too contentious and coincidental for anyone to take it that seriously.

From the beeb today...

"Sporting events in Britain are unlikely to be affected by coronavirus in the immediate future, says Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden.
    Governing bodies and broadcasters will meet with government officials later on Monday to discuss the staging of events behind closed doors if the outbreak worsens and mass gatherings are banned.
    Dowden told BBC Radio 5 Live: "At this stage we're not in the territory of cancelling or postponing events."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    From the beeb today...

"Sporting events in Britain are unlikely to be affected by coronavirus in the immediate future, says Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden.
    Governing bodies and broadcasters will meet with government officials later on Monday to discuss the staging of events behind closed doors if the outbreak worsens and mass gatherings are banned.
    Dowden told BBC Radio 5 Live: "At this stage we're not in the territory of cancelling or postponing events."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154
    What would that mean for season ticket holders? Lower league clubs will already be hit hard if paying fans don't turn up without needing to reimburse season ticket holders as well.

The games could be shown online. Free for season ticket holders and matchday prices for the rest to support the clubs through difficult time. Surely?

Sports events are in the open air. You could sit in a crowd of 70k and they only risk of catching anything will be from the person sat next to you. Go and watch that event in an enclosed pub and all of a sudden your risk of catching something increases dramatically. I’m not convinced cancelling large outdoor sporting events or similar will make that much difference.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast