+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sawyers.

Sawyers.

One Leeds fan posted that the loss of Sawyers was as important to us as the loss of Phillips is to them. I don't tend to agree with that. While Sawyers was excellent for the first half of the season he hasn't maintained that standard over the past few months. In fact, the lay off might do him good. We have adequate replacements in Barry, if fit, and Harper, so we should be OK. Hope I'm not proved wrong.

They are grasping at straws. We have a great squad and anyone will do a job if he's out.

Krovinovic along side Jake, Pereira back in the middle and Grosicki on the wing no problem at all. Phillips will be a huge loss for Leeds. Cheers Albie.

With the way we play now I think it’s s great pity that Sam Field has been farmed out.

His range of passing is at the very least as good as Sawyers and I think he’d fit the system brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    One Leeds fan posted that the loss of Sawyers was as important to us as the loss of Phillips is to them. I don't tend to agree with that. While Sawyers was excellent for the first half of the season he hasn't maintained that standard over the past few months. In fact, the lay off might do him good. We have adequate replacements in Barry, if fit, and Harper, so we should be OK. Hope I'm not proved wrong.
    Phillips suspension ended a couple of matches ago. Got subbed in the first half yesterday so presumably injured. Either way of no concern to WBA. I don't consider anyone one Albion player as irreplaceable.

Not starting yesterday
    Furlong
    Gibbs
    Bartley
    Harper
    Brunt
    Phillips
    Austin
    Grosicki

and I almost forgot Diagana. Blimey.

Apologies to anyone I've ommited.

Any comment on Townsend's performance?
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 23-02-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Don’t understand what happened to Sawyers yesterday. Paterson did kick the back of his legs as Sawyers shielded the ball. Straight foul - move on. But no Sawyers went absolutely ballistic - something was going on there or something was said. Because Sawyers doesn’t react like that - totally out of character.

I think we might miss his link play - he’s pretty good at turning quickly and accelerating away linking up the forward midfielders. But on saying that he has been a bit casual - noticed he gave the ball away under no pressure on several occasions. We have good replacements - Barry, Harper etc. Think we need to keep the set structure/pattern together. I would see Grosicki as a replacement for Robinson and Philips for Krov or Perreira. Don’t know how Diagana gets back in the team immediately - maybe try return him in the Cup. Same goes for Gibbs - Townsend is slotting in very nicely. Nathan Ferguson who?

Diangana struggling to get back in the team. What a fabulous probelm to have.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Diangana struggling to get back in the team. What a fabulous probelm to have.
    It his fella back from injury now...and in contention for a place?

I thought it was really poor refereeing he let the fouling go on to long then did absolutely nothing to stop the incident getting out of hand then let the linesman make the decision to send Sawyers off.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    I thought it was really poor refereeing he let the fouling go on to long then did absolutely nothing to stop the incident getting out of hand then let the linesman make the decision to send Sawyers off.
    Sawyers made the decision to get himself sent off. The ref didn't blow earlier because Sawyers was retaining the ball. Darn stupid reaction from the lad, hopefully he will learn from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)