+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR Controversy Mars Clarets' Win

VAR Controversy Mars Clarets' Win

Mike Dean let VAR dictate the game and where was the controversy over Cook's deliberate handball? - External Link

Fair report. Forearm is not a shoulder and both VAR calls were correct.
    Bournemouth really do need to show some character and start fighting because I felt that they just gave in to a certain extent and could well have been on the wrong end of a real thrashing if our finishing had been better and their goalkeeper had not made some crackig saves.

We played really crackig Supersub6, no doubt about it!

Cook's handball was a strange one, from the first angle I saw it, from behind the goal, it looked like he was falling over and in an attempt to stay balanced his hand came into contact with the ball, no penalty I thought. Then watching it from the opposite side it looked a quite deliberate attempt to play the ball with his hand, obvious penalty I thought. Who'd be a referee ?

Bournemouth could rightly feel aggrieved, but even if the goal had been awarded, it is doubtful that it would have tilted the eventual result in the Cherries’ favour.

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tm...77/index.shtml

a game of splintered halves - and unfortunately, fanned with befouled perception - from Cooks lacrosse scoop to the trapezial swings between a deltoid and bicep - was hilarious !....and still we took the points.

Great article. Sky showed the whole 90 minutes last night and I was very impressed with the way we played.

Horses for courses, with Barnes/Wood up front we make use of their physicality to bully defenders. Not pretty but effective.

Yesterday showed that we can also play the quick, on the floor passing type of game that suited JRod and Matty.

We have got a very decent team which is very adaptable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Great article. Sky showed the whole 90 minutes last night and I was very impressed with the way we played.

Horses for courses, with Barnes/Wood up front we make use of their physicality to bully defenders. Not pretty but effective.

Yesterday showed that we can also play the quick, on the floor passing type of game that suited JRod and Matty.

We have got a very decent team which is very adaptable.
    Me agreeing with a Lib Dem whack job on any issue is highly unusual. Spot on with this one Councillor!

I assume Billing is indicating where the ball actually hit him.. Looks like the arm to me..
    Name:  Billing.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  81.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I assume Billing is indicating where the ball actually hit him.. Looks like the arm to me..
    Name:  Billing.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  81.1 KB
    Sorry to disappoint, however, that is the incident when he charged into the back of Westwood as mentioned above. It just proves what I said!
    CM --I didn't think that you would have escaped from your treat at Southampton yet ---there must have been plenty of 'grog'

Just had a thought about where the shoulder starts etc. ---when we wear our claret and blue we must help the officials because there is a clear join!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)