+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In summer it was pointed out time and again that we needed another CM, but we didn't sign one, we went into the season with just Cork and Westwood, neither got injured and now we have signed another in Brownhill, so we've got away with it. Up front we have four strikers so plenty of cover, and how essential that cover was is shown by the fact that Barnes and Wood are both out but we aren't missing them, we have adequate replacements.

Just suppose last September or October it had been Cork and Westwood out injured as Wood and Barnes are now, our midfield would have been right mess, a collection of square pegs in round holes, but we were lucky, the injuries hit a part of the team where we had cover. Sometimes you need a bit of luck, but it's not a good idea, or good management, to depend on it.

Just saying like.
    And what would we they have done if Vydra or J-Rod got injured early in the match..... Bring on Long I suppose.

Nah C_M! Bring on Lennon to pester their tits off every time the opposition have the ball.

It worked on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You tell him mate!
    Except FtD seems to be confirming my view of what happened. Which actually is what did happen.

All I know sinkov is I watched us play in horrible conditions at Southampton last weekend and Bournemouth the same this week at Turf Moor and I watched both games totally chilled, because there was ever only going to be one winner - us!

Attachment 15055

All I know sinkov is I watched us play in horrible conditions at Southampton last weekend and Bournemouth the same this week at Turf Moor and I watched both games totally chilled, because there was ever only going to be one winner - us!
    Don't get me wrong BT, I'm not knocking it, good results and good performances, if VAR goes against the opposition, so what, that's their problem. It was just that I expected to see a massacre on the highlights when you said we could have won by 7 or 8, instead it seemed fairly close on chances up to the hour mark, then we ran away with it. I still don't think that's an unreasonable assessment but you took to abusing me, yet another shocking personal attack, and totally uncalled for.

[QUOTE=bfcjon;39441167]
    In summer it was pointed out time and again that we needed another CM, but we didn't sign one, we went into the season with just Cork and Westwood, neither got injured and now we have signed another in Brownhill, so we've got away with it. Up front we have four strikers so plenty of cover, and how essential that cover was is shown by the fact that Barnes and Wood are both out but we aren't missing them, we have adequate replacements.

Just suppose last September or October it had been Cork and Westwood out injured as Wood and Barnes are now, our midfield would have been right mess, a collection of square pegs in round holes, but we were lucky, the injuries hit a part of the team where we had cover. Sometimes you need a bit of luck, but it's not a good idea, or good management, to depend on it.

Just saying like.[/QUOTE Another tenure For Garlic like?...
    HE Brings nothing,.And we get nothing,.We Just live in hope....He might vacate, He might not , But with hindsight , He Has A Hold on our Club.
    Just suppose he is actually a phooking genius and none of us appreciate how good he is at running our football club?

Attachment 15064

Just suppose he's a very lucky boy who accidentally came across a managerial genius ? FFS BT, I could run a football club if Sean Dyche was manager.

Except FtD seems to be confirming my view of what happened. Which actually is what did happen.
    I forgot to mention the two certain "goals" cleared off the line from Westwood's in-swinging corners sinkov. The score should probably have been nearer 8-0.

Just suppose he's a very lucky boy who accidentally came across a managerial genius ? FFS BT, I could run a football club if Sean Dyche was manager.
    There's the rub sinkov, Garlick picked Dyche to manage our club, not thee thank God. Chicken and egg and all that!

There's the rub sinkov, Garlick picked Dyche to manage our club, not thee thank God. Chicken and egg and all that!
    For which he has to thank that Italian guy who wanted his own man in at Watfoed. Like I said a lucky, lucky boy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)