+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley is a good bloke

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Also Kenny Jackett is at Portsmouth !
    I knew that!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'll help out here. Yes it does, every manager has their favourites but let the truth get in the way of a good moan on here
    You're missing a key point where the players that are being brought in have to better than the ones they are replacing...

I'll help out here. Yes it does, every manager has their favourites but let the truth get in the way of a good moan on here
    Yes of course they will favour some players over others due to character etc but the very best don't let that get in their way you are here to win and if somebody has played well they should be picked next game that is what worked for Ferguson and is working for Klopp.

Ardley is pretty much only picking certain players when he HAS to.

The fact he went out and signed Shields and Long when he has Osbourne/Bird here speaks volumes about him none of the players bought in are better than what we had so its wasting resources AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Yes of course they will favour some players over others due to character etc but the very best don't let that get in their way you are here to win and if somebody has played well they should be picked next game that is what worked for Ferguson and is working for Klopp.

Ardley is pretty much only picking certain players when he HAS to.

The fact he went out and signed Shields and Long when he has Osbourne/Bird here speaks volumes about him none of the players bought in are better than what we had so its wasting resources AGAIN.
    That’s your opinion though. Football is all about opinions and Ardley has his. Difference is, Ardley could lose his job with HIS choice of players. Me, you and the rest have our opinions with zero pressure and zero impact on what happens at the club. Personally I don’t rate Bird and I am confident he won’t be with us next season, and will go back down the leagues.

I know it is and like I said most managers dont drop players if they perform he does as Doyle walks straight back in as captain.

I hope im wrong but we wont go up with him in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    You're missing a key point where the players that are being brought in have to better than the ones they are replacing...
    You don't think the players signed by Ardley are better than the ones they've replaced? I would suggest recruitment is one area we shouldn't be aiming criticism. This season's recruitment has been far better than in previous times.

Lacey and Rawlinson are both better than Bird, Duffy, Brisley, as is Turner. DKE is better at fullback than Tootle or Dan Jones.

Wootton is better than Dennis, and an ageing Stead, maybe Hemmings. Maybe not, tough one.

Slocombe is better than Fitzsimmons by some distance. Jury is out on the backup Keeper being better than the former backup.

There are more examples. When it comes to wasting resource, Ardleys crime is petty theft compared to what previous managers have criminally done. Big sums paid with minimal return

You don't think the players signed by Ardley are better than the ones they've replaced? I would suggest recruitment is one area we shouldn't be aiming criticism. This season's recruitment has been far better than in previous times.

Lacey and Rawlinson are both better than Bird, Duffy, Brisley, as is Turner. DKE is better at fullback than Tootle or Dan Jones.

Wootton is better than Dennis, and an ageing Stead, maybe Hemmings. Maybe not, tough one.

Slocombe is better than Fitzsimmons by some distance. Jury is out on the backup Keeper being better than the former backup.

There are more examples. When it comes to wasting resource, Ardleys crime is petty theft compared to what previous managers have criminally done. Big sums paid with minimal return
    I think we've established hes signed some good players,it's just a shame he can't get them to play attacking football on a regular basis.
    But he has wasted resources on signing players we didn't and don't need..
    And if you are going g to quote 2 defeats in 14 games how many of them were draws and how many were league games.?
    The guy took us down with his negative attitude and will keep us down for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think we've established hes signed some good players,it's just a shame he can't get them to play attacking football on a regular basis.
    But he has wasted resources on signing players we didn't and don't need..
    And if you are going g to quote 2 defeats in 14 games how many of them were draws and how many were league games.?
    The guy took us down with his negative attitude and will keep us down for the same reason.
    Record in the last 14 league games is W5 D5 L4.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Record in the last 14 league games is W5 D5 L4.
    How many of those wins were league wins.?.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    How many of those wins were league wins.?.
    Seeing as he said "the last 14 league games", I'm guessing 5!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast