+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ardley is a good bloke

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Why give Kennedy-Williams a contract then its pointless and its why our club is a complete joke and a financial mess.

My opinion is if you dont give players a proper chance how do you expect them to progress the whole selection method is laughable how de-motivated most the kids feel.

Bishop is an interesting name someone who went down a few leagues now he is doing ok in league one by people having faith.

We as a club love signing deadbeat journeymen and where has it got us ? Non league football which is sh#te regardless of how we dress it up.

My guess is we wont make the play offs which I see as failure I hope he gets sacked whether we go up or not.
    Our club has been a complete joke and a financial mess but it certainly isn't now, it appears to being run properly , sensibly which is not something you could say under Trew or Hardy.

We have been in a financial mess not doubt about it but it's not because we give contracts to the likes of Kennedy-Williams. That's crazy talk, how about the transfer fees we splashed out on Enzio and Deniis, what did they cost us combined ? £300K, £350K? Then add on the healthy wages, that's not sustainable in L2.

Personally I don't think we will go up, and if we don't get in the play offs that's failure to me and should be sacked. However the fact you would want the manager sacked even if we do get promoted tells me all I need to you. Can't take your comments seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Our club has been a complete joke and a financial mess but it certainly isn't now, it appears to being run properly , sensibly which is not something you could say under Trew or Hardy.

We have been in a financial mess not doubt about it but it's not because we give contracts to the likes of Kennedy-Williams. That's crazy talk, how about the transfer fees we splashed out on Enzio and Deniis, what did they cost us combined ? £300K, £350K? Then add on the healthy wages, that's not sustainable in L2.

Personally I don't think we will go up, and if we don't get in the play offs that's failure to me and should be sacked. However the fact you would want the manager sacked even if we do get promoted tells me all I need to you. Can't take your comments seriously.
    I do like your last paragraph, where you say "...if we don't get in the play offs that's failure to me and should be sacked."

How do you know we are being run properly ? Do you have access to the books ?

We are a mess as we bloat our squad with 30+ players whether that be youth..journeymen..expensive signings.

I couldnt care less what you think of me Ardley is not right for us and I stand by that.

Southampton went up and sacked Atkins Salford went up sacked there joint managers...are they stupid as well ? No as they have got even better as they got better managers.

We are a mess as we bloat our squad with 30+ players whether that be youth..journeymen..expensive signings.

I couldnt care less what you think of me Ardley is not right for us and I stand by that.
    I would half agree with you. I wouldn't agree with the first bit, I think that this season our squad has been much more balanced and we have taken positive steps to avoid the farcical squads we have had for the last few seasons. Regarding the financial situation I don't have a clue, but I think our owners deserve the benefit of the doubt so far because they seem to be taking a generous but sensible approach.
    I do agree that Ardley isn't right for us however, but I would love him to prove me wrong.

Southampton went up and sacked Atkins Salford went up sacked there joint managers...are they stupid as well ? No as they have got even better as they got better managers.
    No I assume none of us have access to the books, so why make the statement in the first place. One thing we do know is we have only spent a fraction on transfer fees of what we did last season. Wasn't Dennis about £150K? Enzio more? Compare that to this season, there is a big clue chap. Benefit of doubt as Elite says, the signs were last season we were overstretching however exciting it was for the fans.

As for size of squad, I'm not sure. Fans always want more players, and that's been shown with multiple threads regarding getting someone , which areas to strengthen.

Ardley might not be right, but if his task by the owners is to get us up by next season and he managed it this season, you think he is going to be sacked? Maybe the FA Trophy money can pay for the sacking lol.

Laxton I've said that all season, but we may still get a play off space, too early to say.

Im just cagey about things we thought we were fine at first under Trew/Hardy.

I agree we have overspent on players that is my point all along !

You are obsessed with paying the managers off if he was any good we wouldnt need to be talking about it and you will want him gone as stated if we dont go up.

It's not just players we overspent on last season, the outgoings must have been huge :/

We haven't overspent on players or managers this season thank god. Like you I don't want any more players, we don't need them the squad is big enough as it is.

I never expected promotion this season, so I would only want a sacking if we miss out on the playoffs. That to me is inexcusable.

You want him sacked even if we get promotion!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789