+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley is a good bloke

Ardley is a good bloke

I just wish he was a good manager.

Been sampling some Nelson's blood, cap'n?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Been sampling some Nelson's blood, cap'n?
    Absolutely.

ps , Rugby.
    Last edited by navypie; 23-02-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I just wish he was a good manager.
    Interesting question really. Would you rather have a decent bloke like Neal Ardley (who doesn't win many games) managing the club you support or an unpleasant person like Steve Evans (who has a good win record)?

My answer would be that I loved watching Lee Hughes in a Notts County shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting question really. Would you rather have a decent bloke like Neal Ardley (who doesn't win many games) managing the club you support or an unpleasant person like Steve Evans (who has a good win record)?

My answer would be that I loved watching Lee Hughes in a Notts County shirt.
    Exactly. I'd rather live next door to a Neal Ardley or Chris Kiwomya than a Martin Allen or Kevin Nolan, but who goes to Meadow Lane for a quiet life?

My favourite Notts manager ever is Warnock. And he's like Marmite for fans. However, I'd find it hard (initially at least) to get behind Steve Evans.

Ardley still has time to turn this around. But it's very frustrating that he's selecting untried loan players ahead of the likes of Bird and Osborne - who are our players and with more games under their belt will be saleable assets. That's not really anything to do with him being a nice bloke or not. But it definitely reflects on him as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    My favourite Notts manager ever is Warnock. And he's like Marmite for fans. However, I'd find it hard (initially at least) to get behind Steve Evans.

Ardley still has time to turn this around. But it's very frustrating that he's selecting untried loan players ahead of the likes of Bird and Osborne - who are our players and with more games under their belt will be saleable assets. That's not really anything to do with him being a nice bloke or not. But it definitely reflects on him as a manager.
    I thought putting an untried 19 year old in place of Bird who had hasn't really put a foot wrong an absolute disgrace! It seems he isn't keen on playing anyone who was here last season regardless and for that reason he's lost my support.

This squad is crying out for a Cotterill type manager that'll kick em up the ar*e and make them fly.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I thought putting an untried 19 year old in place of Bird who had hasn't really put a foot wrong an absolute disgrace! It seems he isn't keen on playing anyone who was here last season regardless and for that reason he's lost my support.

This squad is crying out for a Cotterill type manager that'll kick em up the ar*e and make them fly.
    As managers go, Ardley is in comparison to Fullerton. Both talk bull sh*t..Hopefully he wont be here next season..

If their face doesn't fit, they don't get picked. Nowt to do with merit, favourites only.

That was what was needed when Ardley was appointed. We would still be in the league

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast