+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confident Enough Now

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I love the vibe,the people and the weather.

I’m going to start in Perth this time and then do Melbourne,Byron Bay,Sydney,Brisbane,Cairns and somewhere else before finishing off in Perth again.

I’m not pissing about changing flights in Dubai this time,I’m flying direct from Heathrow to Perth with Quantas on the 17 hour direct flight.

Anyone else done long haul with Quantas?
    We flew Heathrow - Perth with Quantas. No complaints at all. When at Cairns I would recommend going out to Green Island. It is a nature reserve and very attractive. I don’t think it is on your schedule Mick but Northern Territory is worth going to. I loved it.

About time you lot stopped these flights and pitched in to save the planet

Went to Vancouver last summer. Wonderful place. The waterside vibe. Laid back and friendly people. Fantastic gardens. Great food. Victoria Island (take the sea plane) you can see Harry and Meghan now. Concerts. The lot. Only thing which was disconcerting was when our hotel concierge drew a line on the city map and said don’t go beyond this line. Nah..no need to worry we said we’re experienced travellers. Well once we crossed “the line’ we noticed loads of druggy zombies roaming the streets like in Shaun of the Dead......even the advice of ‘don’t worry they are friendly’ could not prevent us scarpering out of the area as quickly as we could........would still go back to Vancouver though....great place....once you cross to Seattle in US you can feel the difference seep in....

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A rather depressing read ��

I found that last years trip was the first time I truly switched off from work for the first time in 23 years since I started my own business.

So much so that certain parts of work I never ventured back into once I returned.

Loved the people,loved the relaxed atmosphere and loved the sports stadiums such as cricket at Brisbane and Perth Glory football.

Saw Phil Collins indoors at Perth and Jersey Boys at Brisbane,all stuff I wouldn’t normally do.

Wife wants to hold off until early 2022 which suits me as the Ashes will be on ��

I’m doing New England this autumn and Boston and now thinking of doing Vancouver next Summer 2022.

Can’t take it with you can you?��
    and the supermarkets were awful. Important as we were self catering.

I'm aware it came across as depressing. I tried to balance it with a couple of positives to finish. Must try harder.

My top tip for eating and drinking out would be to use their 'Clubs' establishments I wouldn't dream of entering here. We visited RSL Clubs (Returning Servicemen Leagues most towns have them) Sydney Yacht Club. Manly Skiff Club, Penrith Panthers, Mulwalla Ski Club, Port Macquarie Yacht and Bowls Clubs and a few I've forgotten. You could become a member for the night on proof of ID or pay a few dollars for weekly membership that got you discounted food and drink. The facilities and usually the views were fantastic. Here's link to one

www.mulwalawaterski.com.au

I do recall at the end of 3 months saying to my wife 'If I could turn around and do it all again right now I would' She agreed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)