+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The 80th to the 90th yesterday

The 80th to the 90th yesterday

We knew the game had gone but me and my lad were still hoping to see something from Notts. In the 80th minute , Doyle was dropping deep demanding the ball, then playing it along the back line. In the 90th minute , Doyle was................so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    We knew the game had gone but me and my lad were still hoping to see something from Notts. In the 80th minute , Doyle was dropping deep demanding the ball, then playing it along the back line. In the 90th minute , Doyle was................
    You were there and I wasn't, but I would amend your post to:

We knew the game had gone but me and my lad were still hoping to see something from Notts. In the 80th minute , Doyle was dropping deep demanding the ball, then playing it along the back line. In the 90th minute , Doyle was.............. following Ardley's instructions.

Sounds like they'd decided on damage limitation.

To misquote Derek Edward Trotter, "Damage limitation is for wimps."

When we equalised against Woking in the 70th minute last week, I thought we would be camped around their penalty area for the last 20 minutes. Instead, we barely got out of our own half. We play 10-15 yards too deep, with most of our passing movements taking place in areas where the opposition allow us to play (our own half), offering minimal threat. We are also desperate for a box-to-box midfielder in the centre of the park who can drive us forward.

I have no problem with us playing a patient, possession-based game - but it’s meaningless if you don’t have a genuine threat and aren’t looking to create scoring opportunities. We seem to be in danger of forgetting the most important part of the game, with no connection between the midfield and forwards in the opposition half.

Notts under Ardley is really starting to get on my nerves. Depress me is a little bit strong. Nite.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    When we equalised against Woking in the 70th minute last week, I thought we would be camped around their penalty area for the last 20 minutes. Instead, we barely got out of our own half. We play 10-15 yards too deep, with most of our passing movements taking place in areas where the opposition allow us to play (our own half), offering minimal threat. We are also desperate for a box-to-box midfielder in the centre of the park who can drive us forward.

I have no problem with us playing a patient, possession-based game - but it’s meaningless if you don’t have a genuine threat and aren’t looking to create scoring opportunities. We seem to be in danger of forgetting the most important part of the game, with no connection between the midfield and forwards in the opposition half.
    I could not agree more. That is what was disappointing last week against Woking. To get an equaliser in the 70th minute should have opened the door for us to take the game to them and go for the win.

For me it’s not the style of play but, belief, confidence and fight to go forward and attack and create chances at crucial points in the game that are missing like last week.

A Nolan playoff or Cotteril promotion chasing team would have asked questions of Woking having equalised and probably nicked the win. Likewise those sides would have competed against Hartlepool away.

Another key game where we did not turn up was when we played Barrow at Meadow Lane. I was hoping for a real blood and thunder encounter against two of the leagues heavyweights. We did see it from Barrow but we bottled it.

So with the Woking game last week and the lack lustre performance against Hartlepool where we have taken 1 point from 6 then it’s not been ideal. Tuesday away to Fylde is a perfect opportunity to right a few wrongs from the past two games. It’s shrove Tuesday so I’m hoping our performance won’t be as flat as a pancake.

Didn't Ardley say before the Pools game "we've got 2 hard games to come" or something similar Pools yes but a team at the bottom, really

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Didn't Ardley say before the Pools game "we've got 2 hard games to come" or something similar Pools yes but a team at the bottom, really
    Thats Ardleys "get out" card when we don't get owt. Fans pre warned

Every game is a hard game with him in charge !

Give it a few weeks and fans will really turn on him if we slip out of the play offs as regardless of what people say we all expect a top 7 finish.

The poster above mentions Evans who I know is at Gillingham if we'd take him I would in a flash the man is horrible and always plays to win forget morales they're gone in sport now.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Every game is a hard game with him in charge !

Give it a few weeks and fans will really turn on him if we slip out of the play offs as regardless of what people say we all expect a top 7 finish.

The poster above mentions Evans who I know is at Gillingham if we'd take him I would in a flash the man is horrible and always plays to win forget morales they're gone in sport now.
    Ardley thinks it's a hard game? He should sit in the stands with us it is even harder to watch.