+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Win and a Bold Proclamation

Another Win and a Bold Proclamation

The Clarets will be playing European football next season! - External Link

One interesting observation in this article which needs a bit of debating I think.

I have always thought Dave Thomas was the best corner kicker I have ever seen in a Burnley shirt. (Supersub?)

I now believe that particular crown lies with Ashley Westwood. Only awareness of the danger by the Bournemouth defenders on Saturday prevented TWO of Westy's efforts going directly into the onion bag.

Twice in the second half the ball was cleared from going in at the near post from Westy's right footed in-swingers.

Near post or far post, Westwood's corners are now consistently posing a very serious threat on the opposition's goal.

Attachment 15062

I always have a little bet on the Clarets matches, normally Burnley win. Because of our success at set peices, including corners I now have a bet on Mee or Tarkowski to score first, normally around 28/1 or at any time around 14/1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    One interesting observation in this article which needs a bit of debating I think.

I have always thought Dave Thomas was the best corner kicker I have ever seen in a Burnley shirt. (Supersub?)

I now believe that particular crown lies with Ashley Westwood. Only awareness of the danger by the Bournemouth defenders on Saturday prevented TWO of Westy's efforts going directly into the onion bag.

Twice in the second half the ball was cleared from going in at the near post from Westy's right footed in-swingers.

Near post or far post, Westwood's corners are now consistently posing a very serious threat on the opposition's goal.

Attachment 15062
    No argument with any of that BT. Dave Thomas was great, however, it is obvious that Ashley is putting in a lot of time to perfect his art and he certainly appears to be winning because his delivery to both near and far posts has been excellent and he could quite easily have scored two goals again on Saturday, we forgot to mention those in the possible goals too. We could have been in double figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    No argument with any of that BT. Dave Thomas was great, however, it is obvious that Ashley is putting in a lot of time to perfect his art and he certainly appears to be winning because his delivery to both near and far posts has been excellent and he could quite easily have scored two goals again on Saturday, we forgot to mention those in the possible goals too. We could have been in double figures!
    Let me tell sinkov, because I forgot that Supersub6.

Howe had obviously worked on the danger because both of those near post corners, cleared off the line, were going in.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)