+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Thompson

I was playing at a memorial charity gig for a well known keyboard player from Rotherham. Everyone who played had played with him during the last 40 years. Were you there? The Woodlands club was rammed.

I take it from your comments that you have no musical ability, or, more importantly soul. You come across as a grumpy old man with a chip on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s a bit harsh

However I also wonder how tolerant our fans would be if players were missing a crucial game ( ie v Sunderland) to get promotion due to social issues like a death of a non-family member.
    The thing is a player is not likely to play to his full potential if he has other things on his mind. I think Thompson has played brilliantly the last few games but I think it was right to rest him on Saturday for his own good and the good of the team. ideally I would like him back in for the Cov game but if his mind is not on it we are best playing Olasunde again at right back- who did have a decent game anyway against Accy.

I am in an amazing position. I've never lost a friend or a close family member other than grand parents.

I can't imagine how it hurts but I can sympathise with folk and be there for them in bad times.

Gru i wish to God that you'd keep your opinions to yourself on this matter.
    You knew that others would react badly to it.

Could you do the decent thing and apologise

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The thing is a player is not likely to play to his full potential if he has other things on his mind. I think Thompson has played brilliantly the last few games but I think it was right to rest him on Saturday for his own good and the good of the team. ideally I would like him back in for the Cov game but if his mind is not on it we are best playing Olasunde again at right back- who did have a decent game anyway against Accy.

Yes it was the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s a bit harsh

However I also wonder how tolerant our fans would be if players were missing a crucial game ( ie v Sunderland) to get promotion due to social issues like a death of a non-family member.
    You mean like Crooks away at Peterborough?

The fans supported him brilliantly.

Every comment gwru makes is for a reaction. He's prob sat Infront of his laptop with his pants on his head chuckling away to himself.
    Sad. Pathetic, lonely. Any or all of the above

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Every comment gwru makes is for a reaction. He's prob sat Infront of his laptop with his pants on his head chuckling away to himself.
    Sad. Pathetic, lonely. Any or all of the above
    Your so wrong. I see things different. Frog if I've said anything that doesn't sit right I ap

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Your so wrong. I see things different. Frog if I've said anything that doesn't sit right I ap
    cont.. I apologise it wasn't meant as anything personal.

Gru, by your own admission you 'weren't much good at football' You have no idea what it feels like to score, to be part of a successful team. You don't understand. Please, no more of your uninformed wisdom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast