+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood -quality of play

Wood -quality of play

I liken Woods to Lukaku, terrible first touch, poor passer but excellent at getting in the box and will always get you goals.
    But the difference without Woods in the team is night and day. The centre backs have stopped huffing it forward in a hit and hope attempt to get on woods head, to working it too the wings and running at the opposition creating openings..
    The team as a whole are capable of playing football, they have show it at times, and its so much better over the last 2 games.. we played Arsenal off the pitch. I dont want Woods back in, it leads us to play football one way..

Ahead of the Toon on Saturday Bruce is now thinking, "What are we up against?"

Will it be long balls and get bashed about a bit or will we face short quick fire passing into feet and space?

I like the conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Ahead of the Toon on Saturday Bruce is now thinking, "What are we up against?"

Will it be long balls and get bashed about a bit or will we face short quick fire passing into feet and space?

I like the conundrum.
    Same here BT!

AT LAST we have a plan "B" available when battering ram approach isn't working.

And it was a revelation to see Dwight given a more fluid role in the second half where we looked a proper footballing team which looked threatening from all angles.
    Teams have had to double mark him when he was an out and out winger but when he has licence to roam Bournemouth just couldn't handle him.

I can guarantee that WOODS will not feature for us on Saturday, however, whether or not Chris Wood will make a comeback is open to question.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I can guarantee that WOODS will not feature for us on Saturday, however, whether or not Chris Wood will make a comeback is open to question.
    Tiger Woods is playing golf in California I think Supersub6. What are you going on about?

Tiger Woods is playing golf in California I think Supersub6. What are you going on about?
    I know nothing about golf, BT, and although the heading has been changed the text still refers to a certain Woods, whether he be a tiger or not, I just don't know! Always a problem when you have proof-read for years!

I guarantee the next time you are in a throng of Burnley fans and say Chris Woods, hardly anyone will correct you.

I guarantee the next time you are in a throng of Burnley fans and say Chris Woods, hardly anyone will correct you.
    BT --you must remember that I am a musician by profession and you only get one chance to get it right. It is not possible to shed that mentality when you have lived with it for 66 years, having started playing at 7 years old!
    As for your statement, and having just explained my mentality, you are correct that "hardly anyone will correct you" --(hence me) ---because I would not call him Chris Woods in the first place!

I've nothing against Wood & Barnes, but a less battering ram, more finesse approach is easier on the eye I must say. As long as it continues to work, surely SD must keep faith with Vydra & J-Rod?

Don’t go comparing Wood with Vydra or anyone else. Yes his first touch could be better , but it’s partly because of the goals he’s scored, is the reason why we are ,where we are in the table. I like him because he unsettles defenders, puts himself about and he seems to know how to take up a goal scoring position. He’s also decent in the air and is not afraid to go in where it hurts.
    I think some fans on here are getting a little bit carried away by the fact that we are on an unexpected good run , which has resulted in Vydra coming to the forefront. I do hope he gets an extended run ,though i’m Still not convinced by J Rod. He missed another glorious chance again last weekend- good strikers put them away , not hit the goalie or the crossbar. SD is in a great position to finish the season strongly and 6 weeks ago most of us would never have thought it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)